Sponsored

Put my JT to bed last night

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yea, I got one of those, too. It is not always convenient to put the cover on, but I figure every day that I do, gives me another day before the tonneau and interior degrades from sun exposure. South Florida.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Why isn't it in the garage?
As for me, wife's new Honda is in garage. Anyway, I sometimes put the cover on while it is parked at my business.

OP
OP
HWayne

HWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP Grand Cherokee, 2020 JEEP Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Ok , this was a staged photo opt, had to remove the antenna, however the cover came with a patch and grommet but it was easier to just remove it. Got it from Coveranything under 180 delivered. The plan is to keep it covered in the garage over the Winter and only drive on nice days. Ultimate cover has a soft white liner and fits well.
Got the Rubi in June and washed just a few times in the driveway and regularly wipe down with Wax and Dry detailer by turtle wax. Had to use a fine polishing compound to get windshield clean then applied rainx Love this truck, replaced a 2008 Ridgeline RTL and the Gladiator just fits in the garage

Sponsored

OP
OP
HWayne

HWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A few years back we got 24” of snow overnight, and it took days to dig out, if this happens again you can bet the Rubi will be 4 wheeling in the snow but this is a keeper and the salt and slush will be avoided when ever possible.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Smart man, that's exactly my situation as well (including the Honda!).

As for me, wife's new Honda is in garage. Anyway, I sometimes put the cover on while it is parked at my business.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I got one of those, too. It is not always convenient to put the cover on, but I figure every day that I do, gives me another day before the tonneau and interior degrades from sun exposure. South Florida.
I do the same thing..... But read it a story and get it a drink of water first....... It's a bitch getting it into the Onesie Jammies though......

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Mine sits in my shop, no cover needed. but they do help, especially in FL.

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
The cover is great in Florida, my problem is tree sap. Can't get in the garage Harleys and Mustang rag top in the way.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I also keep mine in the garage. I had to do a little rearranging to get the darn thing to fit. It's always been a 2dr TJ or 2dr JK in there. Now I back up until the rear window just touches a ball I have hanging from the ceiling. One inch from the front bumper to the garage door, and about 2 feet of room from the rear bumper to the workbench. If I get any fatter, I'll have to go on a diet, or make my workbench skinnier.
I have a little beater Chevy Cobalt that I drive 40 miles out to work to keep the miles off the Gladiator. It's really hard walking out of the garage past the warm, dry, ice free JT to get in that thing every morning. I do cave in a couple times a month!

OP
OP
HWayne

HWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just an update, you do not have to remove the antenna, it bends easily under the drip rail and it would be wise to put your JT on a juice bottle (charger) every 3 or 4 weeks just to make sure when the nap is over we are ready for play time 🛶

OP
OP
HWayne

HWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I’ve got 2000 miles in 6 months, but with treatments from Multiple Myeloma from exposure to agent orange on a gunboat over 50 years ago, my trips are short, but thankful I can do the Jeep wave 🇺🇸😁
Sponsored