First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just seems like a Clearlidz copycat for more money "on sale" for the same money. I don't understand the point of wholesale copying a product if you can't do it better or cheaper. Bring something to the table.

For me personally? I'll stick with my sunrider for hardtop 9mo/yr. i get it doesn't show the sky 365 days a year like a clear lid, but when it does, it's actually open. and for 60% of the price

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
I found a clear lidz used for less than a sunrider and that helped me make the decision. I like it, but theres no way id pay full price.

OP
OP
MojaveMags

MojaveMags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Just seems like a Clearlidz copycat for more money "on sale" for the same money. I don't understand the point of wholesale copying a product if you can't do it better or cheaper. Bring something to the table.

For me personally? I'll stick with my sunrider for hardtop 9mo/yr. i get it doesn't show the sky 365 days a year like a clear lid, but when it does, it's actually open. and for 60% of the price
Didn't know that another company already came out with the concept.

I'm with you. I got the Sunrider last month. Love it. Use it everyday. My only regret is I wish I bought it sooner.

Jeep Gladiator Putco Element Sky View Clear Hard Top Lid PXL_20230521_145223343
Jeep Gladiator Putco Element Sky View Clear Hard Top Lid PXL_20230521_145157145

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I've seen several of the ClearLidz up on FB marketplace, enough that made me question if there were issues with them or not.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
My buddy has a clearlidz. His head bakes and he's been considering solutions for tinting.

Seems like these guys considered those issues and came up with an alternative.

He also has issues with the front seal. Might be why this one highlights preinstalled clamps.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Its 2x what it should cost. For half that price I would consider purchasing today.

At over 1500$ with shipping and tax? No freaking way.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I bought my wife the Jeetops mod for the freedom panels a few years ago. They are nice but since there's no shade it can get bright and hot at times. This was before I knew about the sunrider so they are only used in the winter. Since her's was brand new, they sent me the modified panels and I sent in her panels as a core turn in. I think it was abou $1000. Would I do it again. Probably not.

1686160932195.png

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I sat in a Wrngler with clearlids on a sunny day. It felt like my head was under one of those heat lamps at fastfood restaurants.

I wish companies would make freedom panels for the REAR. Jeep shouldn't have stopped at just the front.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I sat in a Wrngler with clearlids on a sunny day. It felt like my head was under one of those heat lamps at fastfood restaurants.

I wish companies would make freedom panels for the REAR. Jeep shouldn't have stopped at just the front.
💯 % Agreed

Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
$1500? That's full soft top money! I've got dual tops with no regrets. So glad I didn't waste money on a Sunrider. JMO.

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
yeah agree with most, @Bestop Sunrider changed my life....after owning a hard top Jeep Wrangler for 10 years in Texas, needless to say i didn't remove those tops often and when i did it was a slight hassle...now with my new Jeep Gladiator, within a week or so i purchased the Sunrider and love that i can easily open or close it whenever i want...seriously love it and cannot believe i went 10 years in my wrangler without it!

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to do it again. I'd get the dual top option.
Thank you for the validation. I bought hard and soft tops with my last two Jeeps and I'll never NOT get dual tops!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Sunrider and it's absolutely the best accessory I've bought for my Jeep.

But a clear freedom panel would be awesome for winter time. The single piece wouldn't be a problem because I would just wasp it off in the spring and on in the late fall.
Sponsored