Sponsored

Putting 2022 Mojave wheels, tires & sensors on my 2020 Rubicon... what do i need to do for tpms sensors to work?

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
I am going to purchase some 2022 Mojave wheels, tires and sensors for my 2020 Rubicon... I have a few quick questions:

1) Are the sensors compatible between years?

2) Is there anything special I need to do to make the sensors work? do i need to go to the dealer to re-flash something, etc.

3) Am I missing something else that I'm not thinking about when doing this switch? I know the Mojave wheels have a different offset, I believe it pushes the wheels outward a tad. I also realize that the Mojaves have an inch lift over the Rubicon suspension. These will fit fine though... right?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You will need to purchase new TPMS sensors that work with your truck and replace the sensors currently mounted in the wheels. The sensor change happened around June 2021.

OP
OP
cgm

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
You will need to purchase new TPMS sensors that work with your truck and replace the sensors currently mounted in the wheels. The sensor change happened around June 2021.
crap, that stinks. oh well, its still worth it.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
3) Am I missing something else that I'm not thinking about when doing this switch? I know the Mojave wheels have a different offset, I believe it pushes the wheels outward a tad. I also realize that the Mojaves have an inch lift over the Rubicon suspension. These will fit fine though... right?
Since you already got your answer for #1 and #2, here's number 3:

Mojave and rubicon use the same size wheel and tire (17x7.5 and 285/70 17) with the only difference being 7 less positive offset on the Mojave wheels (44.45 to 37.something), which as you've stated only pushes further out. Specifically each wheel about a quarter inch (which is why mojaves have half an inch more stock track). You will experience 0 fitment issues with this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgm

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
Or you can switch them over from your current Rubicon wheels.
good point. I will see what is cheaper... switching the sensors on the wheels or getting new ones. The new sensors might make it easier to sell the rubi wheels to someone with a newer sport.

Since you already got your answer for #1 and #2, here's number 3:

Mojave and rubicon use the same size wheel and tire (17x7.5 and 285/70 17) with the only difference being 7 less positive offset on the Mojave wheels (44.45 to 37.something), which as you've stated only pushes further out. Specifically each wheel about a quarter inch (which is why mojaves have half an inch more stock track). You will experience 0 fitment issues with this.
perfect, thanks for this info! it has been harder than I though to search google for the specific differences between the wheels.

OP
OP
cgm

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
i picked up the wheels and tires yesterday... now I need to get the sensors switched out. I spoke with a tire shop... they said it could it could either be easy or the old sensors won't work with the new wheels...

Will the 2020 sensors unscrew and be able to be reinstalled on the 2022 wheels? Is there any reason I would need to buy new sensors?

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Note: the continental module for the 2022's differs from the prior units and theres basically no sensors readily available.

I am having to pull mine from my sport s wheels to put on the new wheels when they come in.

OP
OP
cgm

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
Note: the continental module for the 2022's differs from the prior units and theres basically no sensors readily available.

I am having to pull mine from my sport s wheels to put on the new wheels when they come in.
if you have the old sensors, i was checking out an old thread and there were links to sensors on amazon that are in stock. I am at Town Fair Tire right now getting mine switched from one set of wheels to the other. they said $125 for the switch.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
if you have the old sensors, i was checking out an old thread and there were links to sensors on amazon that are in stock. I am at Town Fair Tire right now getting mine switched from one set of wheels to the other. they said $125 for the switch.
Link to the 2022 model sensors? Maybe but when i was looking none were in-stock.