Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a set of the Quadratec aluminum Skid plates this weekend. I couldn't find much if any on here about them, but some of the guys over on the JL forum are running them and are happy with them. The fit and finish is good, everything fit with no cutting or drilling. The oil pan skid includes a new stringer crossmember to replace the factory auto trans "skid". The transfer case skid is a full replacement for the factory skid and also includes a new crossmember as well. The gas tank skid fits over the existing skid, so removing the tank is not required.

Instructions were pretty good, although in a couple places they listed the wrong bolts/sizes, but I was able to figure it out pretty easily. One important point was to get the gas as low as you can because at one point they have5 of the 8 bolts holding the gas tank in removed. Even being under 1/8 of a tank it did sag down a bit, so I would defintitely recommend low on gas before attempting that skid. Also worth noting, as they do, you have to put on the oil pan and transfer case skids first if you're running all 3.

All in all I'm really happy with these, especially at the just over $1000 price point for the set.

Here's some terrible pictures I took while trying to lay on the ground and photograph them lol

Jeep Gladiator Quadratec aluminum skid plates installed IMG_7898
Jeep Gladiator Quadratec aluminum skid plates installed IMG_7899
Jeep Gladiator Quadratec aluminum skid plates installed IMG_7900
Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a nice set ... i assume the engine skid is also supported by brackets that bolt to the motor mounts? ... how much clearance between the brackets and front drive shaft. I installed a MORE Offroad skid and the drive shaft contacts the support arm. (No lift at the moment)

OP
OP
jwilson2899

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a nice set ... i assume the engine skid is also supported by brackets that bolt to the motor mounts? ... how much clearance between the brackets and front drive shaft. I installed a MORE Offroad skid and the drive shaft contacts the support arm. (No lift at the moment)

You're correct, there are brackets that mount up at the motor mounts to support it. they seemed to have decent clearance when I was under there installing it, but I'll see if I can grab a picture later if the rain holds off. I'm in the same boat as you, no lift installed.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You're correct, there are brackets that mount up at the motor mounts to support it. they seemed to have decent clearance when I was under there installing it, but I'll see if I can grab a picture later if the rain holds off. I'm in the same boat as you, no lift installed.
Please keep an eye on your clearance ... I'd be tempted to sell off my MORE skid and replace with this kit.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the review... Adding to my ever growing list...

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Any updates on these? Finally getting around to picking up some skids and these are top of my list right now. Aluminum is a requirement and these are nearly half the price of most others out there.

OP
OP
jwilson2899

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on these? Finally getting around to picking up some skids and these are top of my list right now. Aluminum is a requirement and these are nearly half the price of most others out there.
So far so good. I haven't had a chance to really beat them on hard rocks, but they have held up to what action they have seen so far.

Also of note, the instructions originally mentioned allen head bolts for the oil pain drain access panel, but it came with phillips head bolts. About 3 weeks after the install, I got a random package from Quadratec. Inside were 4 replacement allen head bolts, as well as what I believe were replacments for the 5 mounting bolts that were the wrong size. I did not check because the factory bolts were plenty long and I reused those.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
So far so good. I haven't had a chance to really beat them on hard rocks, but they have held up to what action they have seen so far.

Also of note, the instructions originally mentioned allen head bolts for the oil pain drain access panel, but it came with phillips head bolts. About 3 weeks after the install, I got a random package from Quadratec. Inside were 4 replacement allen head bolts, as well as what I believe were replacments for the 5 mounting bolts that were the wrong size. I did not check because the factory bolts were plenty long and I reused those.
Thanks!

OP
OP
jwilson2899

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
what type of aluminum do they use, and is there a weight?
From their site: "Our high quality skids are made from stamped 5052 aluminum, providing lightweight and strong under body protection"

As for weights, the packages had the following shipment weights:

Engine Skid - 34.4 pounds
Transfer Case skid - 32.9 pounds
Gas Tank Skid - 38.2 pounds
Sponsored