First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi all. Anyone else out there fit the quadratec Tube doors on? I can't get the door stops to extend far enough out to actually touch the car frame. In the video on Quadratec there is a rubber vein of material or weather stripping that it smashes in to. On my Willy's it's just metal at that point and the door stops are not long enough. Once I try and extend it longer I run out of threads on the outside jam nut and the door stop falls out when I tighten it.--Sucks since if the stop is not firmly against the body the tube tube doors will rattle. On a side note, also had one of the four hinge plates/pins not fit but they are sending new ones.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Did they say anything about that screw not being long enough or did you find a solution?

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Did they say anything about that screw not being long enough or did you find a solution?
I left one voicemail and spoke with a Customer Service Rep who said they would call back and have since gotten nada. Since it's almost winter, I'm going to take the rubber end off the screw and try and thread/stick it to the end of a longer screw and be done with it. I might try a rubber sticky or felt pad (like you'd use for the feet of a stool or chair so they don't scratch wood floors for example) to use as a stand-off from the door frame so the rubber will actually firmly butt up to it. It's annoying but whatever, par-for-the-course for my experience with Quadratec-branded stuff so far. For these tube doors, I'm also still waiting on the second door's hinges to come in since one of the two doors had a hinge pin that was out of round or bent (or something) and will not go into the hinge on the Jeep no matter how much I tried.

As another example, their LED interior bar light leaked light like terrible and was generally a poor fit for my gladiator, needs extensive weather stripping and removal/re-fitting so I can actually get the mirrors to stay in and not pop out of their track. In fairness, I think there is a lot of slop in the trim and front grab bar/A-pillar trim that complicates things in this case but the simplest solution would be for quadratec to offer substantial weather stripping/stripping to accommodate for that since it's a part that is used on multiple models, etc. The light bar is useless/dangerous if it lights up your entire cab.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I left one voicemail and spoke with a Customer Service Rep who said they would call back and have since gotten nada. Since it's almost winter, I'm going to take the rubber end off the screw and try and thread/stick it to the end of a longer screw and be done with it. I might try a rubber sticky or felt pad (like you'd use for the feet of a stool or chair so they don't scratch wood floors for example) to use as a stand-off from the door frame so the rubber will actually firmly butt up to it. It's annoying but whatever, par-for-the-course for my experience with Quadratec-branded stuff so far. For these tube doors, I'm also still waiting on the second door's hinges to come in since one of the two doors had a hinge pin that was out of round or bent (or something) and will not go into the hinge on the Jeep no matter how much I tried.

As another example, their LED interior bar light leaked light like terrible and was generally a poor fit for my gladiator, needs extensive weather stripping and removal/re-fitting so I can actually get the mirrors to stay in and not pop out of their track. In fairness, I think there is a lot of slop in the trim and front grab bar/A-pillar trim that complicates things in this case but the simplest solution would be for quadratec to offer substantial weather stripping/stripping to accommodate for that since it's a part that is used on multiple models, etc. The light bar is useless/dangerous if it lights up your entire cab.
That stinks because I think they’re the best looking doors out there.

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
That stinks because I think they’re the best looking doors out there.
They are the best looking for the money (IMHO).

Do you have a Rubicon or one of the other trim? It's just weird that the point at which the stop hits the frame on the Quadratec Gladiator has a strip/vein of rubber that would probably be fine to allow the stop to firmly butt up against it.--If you watch their video you can see the vein/strip of material and check your truck to see if it has it, mine does not so I'm not sure if they ditched in 2021 or if it's a trim-specific piece. Looking at my truck, that whole area is just solid metal so I have no clue why there would ever been a piece of rubber along there....

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
They are the best looking for the money (IMHO).

Do you have a Rubicon or one of the other trim? It's just weird that the point at which the stop hits the frame on the Quadratec Gladiator has a strip/vein of rubber that would probably be fine to allow the stop to firmly butt up against it.--If you watch their video you can see the vein/strip of material and check your truck to see if it has it, mine does not so I'm not sure if they ditched in 2021 or if it's a trim-specific piece. Looking at my truck, that whole area is just solid metal so I have no clue why there would ever been a piece of rubber along there....
I will check mine and let you know. Its a 21 Rubi. Did you have the same issue with the rears? I am thinking about only getting the rear ones.

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
I will check mine and let you know. Its a 21 Rubi. Did you have the same issue with the rears? I am thinking about only getting the rear ones.
Nope just bought the fronts. I have a toddler so am not going to go four door yet. I can't guarantee he won't get pissed and hurl a shoe or something out the open space. I'm leery enough with the top off LOL.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Nope just bought the fronts. I have a toddler so am not going to go four door yet. I can't guarantee he won't get pissed and hurl a shoe or something out the open space. I'm leery enough with the top off LOL.
No, mine doesn’t have that piece either. Looking at the video, it looks like something they added to me. Maybe it was on the 2020’s? Idk.

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
No, mine doesn’t have that piece either. Looking at the video, it looks like something they added to me. Maybe it was on the 2020’s? Idk.
Another member who purchased them bought a larger rubber nub from his local hardware store so it looks like it should be rather easy to do that and/or just thread a new/longer bolt on there, might have to lop off the end of the bolt if you can't find a double male-ended piece. Either way, at least I know I'm not crazy and not the only one who had to make it work.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Do your rear stops work? I had to make some longer ones for the front of mine. When I get home I’ll try to get pics. I may have the stuff to make a extra set if you can’t figure anything out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Do your rear stops work? I had to make some longer ones for the front of mine. When I get home I’ll try to get pics. I may have the stuff to make a extra set if you can’t figure anything out.
I didn't get the rear doors, too much risk of projectiles from my toddler bombing others on the freeway. Another member sent the rubber stop he "upgraded with". I wasn't too worried about the fix more so whether others had had the same problem and it looks like all of us have. Kinda crappy you have to run to the hardware store to get a new bolt or rubber nub. Did your rears work? The other poster on here was asking about the rears as well?.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I didn't get the rear doors, too much risk of projectiles from my toddler bombing others on the freeway. Another member sent the rubber stop he "upgraded with". I wasn't too worried about the fix more so whether others had had the same problem and it looks like all of us have. Kinda crappy you have to run to the hardware store to get a new bolt or rubber nub. Did your rears work? The other poster on here was asking about the rears as well?.
Yes the rears extended and work perfect. It was just the fronts I had to make them for. I’m with you on the fact quadratec needs to get the problem fixed.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
4A00ABEC-B04A-4006-93A2-85E58419A71F.jpeg

This was before I got the mirrors on. I used a set of the cheap Tj replacement mirrors off eBay. Quadratec was always out of stock on those also.

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Jeep Gladiator Quadratec Tube Door Issues 4A00ABEC-B04A-4006-93A2-85E58419A71F

This was before I got the mirrors on. I used a set of the cheap Tj replacement mirrors off eBay. Quadratec was always out of stock on those also.
Looks good! My Sting Grey Willys looks dang near identical to this. I can't remember which TJ mirrors I picked up off-hand, wasn't much in stock. They went on and are secure but it definitely wasn't a perfect fit (and still isn't kind of). Now I kinda really want a rear set, toddler be damned. LOL!

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes the rears extended and work perfect. It was just the fronts I had to make them for. I’m with you on the fact quadratec needs to get the problem fixed.
I've come to accept that if I order one of their branded parts that it will need minor modifications to fit. The light bar was atrocious before I sealed it back up with weather strippping and had to re-fit it contrary to their directions. I'm quite happy with it now, you lose a little vertical field of view but don't have any noise issues due to it being on the exterior.
Sponsored