Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Custom
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Hello everyone...

Recently ordered a set of Quadratec CJ Retro Wheels (white) and they are on backorder. Quadratec didn't know when they might be in. Has anyone heard a ballpark date or know someone who works in the Intermodal yard that might know...that they are on a container sitting in port or something just about to be unloaded ? haha! My JT Gobi is on order from 3/21 and of course not here yet but I'm anticipating here in the next month or so. I really wanted to install wheels/tires day one or very soon thereafter. Just thought I'd ask!

Ted
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
In all my experience with @Quadratec, I've learned one thing: If they don't know when something is supposed to arrive, it's because they don't give enough of a shit to ask the supplier.

Extang Tonneau ordered from them. Out of stock when ordered. Fine, whatever. Then 2 weeks after I ordered they changed the status from out of stock to "out of stock, will deliver on date X if ordered today" so i thought "well, i ordered before the status change, so hopefully i get it before then, but if not, at least that's my worst case scenario".
A month goes by and date X arrives, and no shipment from @Quadratec. I check the site again and it now says "out of stock will deliver on date Y if ordered today" and date Y was more than a month after date X. Reach out to @Quadratec to ask if they know any more and the woman gets pissy with me and cancels my order! Talk to someone else who reinstates my order, and then tells me I can expect it by date Y. Why? Because Extang isn't manufacturing that part right now.
Well, i called Extang... they are definitely manufacturing that part right now. As a matter of fact, they can drop ship my order for @Quadratec, except @Quadratec hasn't even submitted either of my orders (the old cancelled one, OR the new reinstated one) to Extang at any time over the past 6 weeks. Extang says if @Quadratec sends them my order today I can have it in a week.
I call a local Extang distributor who told me they don't have the tonneau in stock, but they can have it in house within 3 days.
Call @Quadratec back and ask why Extang doesn't have my order "we don't know". Can you have them dropship? "We don't know" Well I'm telling you to know and I'm telling you to do it. "We called them and if we order it now, you wont get it for 3 weeks because they aren't manufacturing that part right now".... okay, just do it.
Tonneau showed up at my house 2 days later.

That's not even touching the time I ordered 5 wheels from them and they sent me 10. After 2.5 hours on hold waiting to talk to people to return the extra wheels they send me a FedEX RMA. I show up to the fedex place with 204lbs worth of 5 packages, and @Quadratec aparently only included one shipping label in the RMA. Got on the phone with @Quadratec (35 minutes on hold at the fedex store) for them to tell me they can send me new labels in 2-3 business days... supervisor!!!!! he gets me the labels within 10 minutes.

If it's not one of their in-house brands that you can't get anywhere else, i'll never order from @Quadratec again. The fact that they haven't even bothered to post here in over 2 months should tell you how little they care about our business. The fact that I emailed the Contact Center Supervisor about my 3 hours on hold trying to return 200lbs of wheels i didn't order and he never bothered to email me back tells you how little they care about my business.

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
I ordered these same wheels on 3/22. At the time, the site was saying 5-8 weeks. Today, its still saying 4-8 weeks. I haven't received anything from them on expectations and am certainly not holding my breath. I did reach out through email about 2 weeks ago and got crickets.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, I’d cancel the order.
They put these fake dates up and don’t have any idea when products come.
I waited for their aluminum engine skid for 8 months then said FU.
Each month I’d get an email saying that the expected date was X, they would just push it back a month each time.

I DM’d them on here about returning the order and I got no response. Very professional.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Same issue with my Rugged Ridge Tonneau. Ordered in 2020. Back order from MFG. Called Rugged Ridge and they were in stock. Cancelled and ordered direct and got here 2 days later. Or the fiasco with the quadratec winches. Only took them 8 months or so... to fix

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Q tech has taken a sh$t as of late. They used to be such a great company. Does anyone know if they were bought out. This is what happens when a big company comes in and buys out a smaller one.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I've ordered just some simple stuff only to find out it was being promoted while out of stock after my order was placed. They will never get my business again.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is really disturbing. I bought my white wheels just last year and they were at my house within a couple of weeks. Same with several other parts here and there. I haven’t ordered anything this year and won’t at this point - at least not until I start seeing some positive reviews here again.

I think too many companies are using the old “supply chain” excuse to cover their own shortcomings. I’m growing tired of tolerating this. I don’t care what their reason is for not getting it done. Call me old fashioned but I still think paying customers deserve to either get what they ordered or at least a refund and a sincere apology.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
You think customer service there is bad, try communicating with Savvy for parts...

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
In all my experience with @Quadratec, I've learned one thing: If they don't know when something is supposed to arrive, it's because they don't give enough of a shit to ask the supplier.

Extang Tonneau ordered from them. Out of stock when ordered. Fine, whatever. Then 2 weeks after I ordered they changed the status from out of stock to "out of stock, will deliver on date X if ordered today" so i thought "well, i ordered before the status change, so hopefully i get it before then, but if not, at least that's my worst case scenario".
A month goes by and date X arrives, and no shipment from @Quadratec. I check the site again and it now says "out of stock will deliver on date Y if ordered today" and date Y was more than a month after date X. Reach out to @Quadratec to ask if they know any more and the woman gets pissy with me and cancels my order! Talk to someone else who reinstates my order, and then tells me I can expect it by date Y. Why? Because Extang isn't manufacturing that part right now.
Well, i called Extang... they are definitely manufacturing that part right now. As a matter of fact, they can drop ship my order for @Quadratec, except @Quadratec hasn't even submitted either of my orders (the old cancelled one, OR the new reinstated one) to Extang at any time over the past 6 weeks. Extang says if @Quadratec sends them my order today I can have it in a week.
I call a local Extang distributor who told me they don't have the tonneau in stock, but they can have it in house within 3 days.
Call @Quadratec back and ask why Extang doesn't have my order "we don't know". Can you have them dropship? "We don't know" Well I'm telling you to know and I'm telling you to do it. "We called them and if we order it now, you wont get it for 3 weeks because they aren't manufacturing that part right now".... okay, just do it.
Tonneau showed up at my house 2 days later.

That's not even touching the time I ordered 5 wheels from them and they sent me 10. After 2.5 hours on hold waiting to talk to people to return the extra wheels they send me a FedEX RMA. I show up to the fedex place with 204lbs worth of 5 packages, and @Quadratec aparently only included one shipping label in the RMA. Got on the phone with @Quadratec (35 minutes on hold at the fedex store) for them to tell me they can send me new labels in 2-3 business days... supervisor!!!!! he gets me the labels within 10 minutes.

If it's not one of their in-house brands that you can't get anywhere else, i'll never order from @Quadratec again. The fact that they haven't even bothered to post here in over 2 months should tell you how little they care about our business. The fact that I emailed the Contact Center Supervisor about my 3 hours on hold trying to return 200lbs of wheels i didn't order and he never bothered to email me back tells you how little they care about my business.
Im not going to stand up for Quadratec and I agree with you that customer service is my #1 pet peeve. With that said, it sucks everywhere right now. Nobody is working still so every business is under staffed. Nobody has any answers because all of the delays. I work for the largest grocery chain in the U.S. I can’t even get LED drivers to fix lights in the stores. I ordered 10 in February, I just found out they might come by mid-June. It’s stupid everywhere.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Im not going to stand up for Quadratec and I agree with you that customer service is my #1 pet peeve. With that said, it sucks everywhere right now. Nobody is working still so every business is under staffed. Nobody has any answers because all of the delays. I work for the largest grocery chain in the U.S. I can’t even get LED drivers to fix lights in the stores. I ordered 10 in February, I just found out they might come by mid-June. It’s stupid everywhere.
I'm in frozen food imports. I'm very familiar with supply chain issues. The ports, the truckers, the boats, the warehouses, the shipping lines, everywhere is understaffed. I can't get half the products I ordered on the water. My warehouse (who was still trying to run JIT through the early pandemic) is running out of product left right center and yelling at the moon about it when I told them "buy in while you can" (surprise surprise they forgot i said this). One would think that would make me more understanding, but the reality is it does not. I understand supply chain problems, but i don't understand customer service problems (other than hold times, that I get).

Customer service is the easiest thing to get right. Be honest with people. Give your customer facing agents the most possible information and let them be honest with customers. Not placing an order with a vendor for 6 weeks then claiming I have to wait longer because they aren't manufacturing the part right now was a bald-faced lie, and an easily detected one. I say it to people all the time at my job: I don't mind being lied to if I find out about it later. But if I know you're lying the second the words leave your mouth, or you give me enough reason to doubt you that I can confirm the lie within minutes, you're treating me like I'm stupid.

Modern day customer service is industrialized half-assed placation and I'm fucking sick of it.

ffgddfgd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I ordered these identical wheels on three/22. on the time, the website was saying five-eight weeks. nowadays, its nonetheless saying four-eight weeks. I am going to share this thread https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/quadratec-floridaloteryresults-wheel-backorder.58555/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. i haven't received some thing from them on expectations and am definitely now not conserving my breath. I did reach out thru e mail approximately 2 weeks in the past and got crickets.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I'm in frozen food imports. I'm very familiar with supply chain issues. The ports, the truckers, the boats, the warehouses, the shipping lines, everywhere is understaffed. I can't get half the products I ordered on the water. My warehouse (who was still trying to run JIT through the early pandemic) is running out of product left right center and yelling at the moon about it when I told them "buy in while you can" (surprise surprise they forgot i said this). One would think that would make me more understanding, but the reality is it does not. I understand supply chain problems, but i don't understand customer service problems (other than hold times, that I get).

Customer service is the easiest thing to get right. Be honest with people. Give your customer facing agents the most possible information and let them be honest with customers. Not placing an order with a vendor for 6 weeks then claiming I have to wait longer because they aren't manufacturing the part right now was a bald-faced lie, and an easily detected one. I say it to people all the time at my job: I don't mind being lied to if I find out about it later. But if I know you're lying the second the words leave your mouth, or you give me enough reason to doubt you that I can confirm the lie within minutes, you're treating me like I'm stupid.

Modern day customer service is industrialized half-assed placation and I'm fucking sick of it.
I 100% agree with you, I don’t think there’s any excuse for bad CS. I think a lot of what happens is there’s no info and these people are bombarded by irate people wondering where their shit is so they’re just saying whatever they can to calm people down. I try to see it from both perspectives. I recently ordered a Russell Wilson jersey, it was supposed to be April, than May, than June for an item I already paid for in March. I cancelled the order in late April because I got sick of it and they offered me 30% off my next order. So naturally I decided I could wait for 30% off and placed a new order a few days later. That order said June, than July and than August. A few weeks ago their website everyday said it was in stock and would ship next day. So I reported them to the BBB for false advertising shipping times and availability. About 2 weeks ago I get an email telling me they’re refunding me and sending me a free, more expensive customized jersey for the “technical glitch.” I wasn’t mad lol but I like you can’t handle bad CS and flat out lying.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I ordered a set of the those (in black) on 2/22 while they were in stock and they arrived within a week.

I ordered a set of Quadratec flood lights a year ago and they're still unavailable.

So, 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I think they "upgraded" they order/inventory system a couple months ago, and it looks like it didn't go as planned and caused a lot of additional headaches.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
qtech has become crap. I had/have an issues with a part since Feb...they have no intention of following through despite multiple communication. I've been able to communicate with the manufacturer, who responded within 12hr, and take care of my own warranty issues at my own cost.

I want to support the "little guy" but companies like qtech drive consumers to Amazon. With amazon I have a no BS return policy that all sellers must follow. That policy has saved me literal thousands of dollars and countless headache at this point....just drop it off at the UPS store. No (never) questions asked, always refunded promptly and you can still order from the "little guy" if they are a vendor on amazon. If it is true that service everywhere is crap, all the more reason to use amazon as they police the crappy vendors into behaving

I bought my black rhino rims on amazon and got 5% cash back because I use their card, free shipping and Amazon prime so free returns if there were any issues...was from a small wheel vendor on amazon. Very competitive price before the cash back.

I hope Qtech is not a forum sponsor. I'm not sure their business should be welcomed here at this time
Sponsored