Question about adding outlet to bed

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hi guys,

I've searched but can't find any information, maybe I didn't search well enough. Anyways, is it possible to add the AC outlet to the bed, aftermarket? I want the trail management system and bluetooth speaker, I'm sure that's available, just haven't found it anywhere yet. But the outlet would be a great addition, if I had ordered my Sport S, I would have gotten this. I'm guessing I would need to upgrade the alternator as well, just didn't know if this would be possible. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh and can you use the hard tonneau cover cover with the rail system? Thanks.
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
for the 2nd question Yes, covers do not interfere with the trail rail.

for the first, we probably won't know the answer until the parts diagrams are available or someone with the outlet can provide some pics of the out let and harness part numbers.

OP
OP
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
for the 2nd question Yes, covers do not interfere with the trail rail.

for the first, we probably won't know the answer until the parts diagrams are available or someone with the outlet can provide some pics of the out let and harness part numbers.
Thanks man!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Looks like the part number for the bed power outlet is 68312754AB - which is the same as that of the 2019 Ram 1500 bed outlet.

What I can't tell from the diagrams is if the wiring is already there for it - as in, running to the bed.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Parts drawing states left side....... The JT bed outlet is on the right side of the bed.

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I took my to the dealer to get the accessory switch panel and the bed plug installed and they called after looking into it for a couple hours, apparently the bed plug has to be ordered and installed at the factory. I called Jeep corporate and asked, and they said the same thing. There's a pig tail that comes out of the harness where the plug goes that mine doesn't have. I find it hard to believe that it can't be installed after it's been built. I also emailed Mopar parts to see. I'll update when they reply.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I took my to the dealer to get the accessory switch panel and the bed plug installed and they called after looking into it for a couple hours, apparently the bed plug has to be ordered and installed at the factory. I called Jeep corporate and asked, and they said the same thing. There's a pig tail that comes out of the harness where the plug goes that mine doesn't have. I find it hard to believe that it can't be installed after it's been built. I also emailed Mopar parts to see. I'll update when they reply.
well that will be disappointing if its true. Hope you get some good news! im also in the same boat as a handful of others who want to get one and install it.

Sponsored

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
So the question is if that's a policy reason, or a practicality reason (lack of inverter/wiring/etc).

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the question is if that's a policy reason, or a practicality reason (lack of inverter/wiring/etc).
My Gladiator already has the invertor, the tech said it needs a whole different wiring harness, I find that hard to believe. Looking at it I think there's probably a small harness that goes to the plug and bed lights that has the pigtail for the plug, and then the switch panel that goes on the left side of the steering wheel and then connects to the invertor.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I think I understand the issue - is it that you can't buy the rest of the Mopar components and wire it up due to the Gladiator wiring harness not being able to support it?

I do have a suggestion...
* Buy a 400w inverter - about $40.00
* Hook it up under the hood. You could make it switched if you didn't want it on all the time or, you could use an Anderson connector and manually connect it under the hood when you want power to the rear of the Jeep
* Run a wire to the back of the bed to the outlet that it appears you can purchase and install in the factory outlet location

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
I think I understand the issue - is it that you can't buy the rest of the Mopar components and wire it up due to the Gladiator wiring harness not being able to support it?

I do have a suggestion...
* Buy a 400w inverter - about $40.00
* Hook it up under the hood. You could make it switched if you didn't want it on all the time or, you could use an Anderson connector and manually connect it under the hood when you want power to the rear of the Jeep
* Run a wire to the back of the bed to the outlet that it appears you can purchase and install in the factory outlet location
If you have the aux switch set you could use that too (depending on anticipated power draw).

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already have the 400 watt invertor that powers the 115v outlet in the rear of the console. The auxillary switch panel won't work unless I just want a 12v outlet back there. Didn't think about adding another invertor, maybe that'll be the way I have to set it up if I want the 115v outlet in the bed.
Sponsored