First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Just placed the order for my Sport with Max Tow through Gupton. Planning mods already :giggle:.

I'm planning on running slightly larger tires than stock (33's) and adding a 1.5" level to the front. Reading through the forum, it seems that some people add a 3/4" spacer to the rear as well when they do this. My question is...why? Is this the recommended way? What is the most level, with or without the rear 3/4" spacer?

Admittedly, this is my first Jeep. Perhaps the answer to this is obvious to all of you but it isn't to me! Can anyone shed some light on this? If I'm running 33's, should I or should I not add the 3/4" spacer to the rear when adding the 1.5" level to the front? Thanks!
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Most level will be without the rear spacer. The 1.5 front spacer should bring the front close to level with the back. The front will still be slightly lower than the rear.

This is what I have seen regarding the reason the rear is higher than the front. When the truck is loaded the rear with most of the weight will settle. With the back starting off higher when the truck does sag hopefully the headlights will not be pointing to the moon. Also, and still while hauling a heavy load the geometry of the vehicle changes and the front end begins to lift. When the front end lifts less weight is on the front axle. Without weight on the front axles/tires vehicles want to go Stright. Those factory Engineers do what they can and try to keep us from hurting ourselves.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I am running BFG KO2 285 70 17 and have 3/4" spacer in front only. keeps some rake for hauling stuff

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
I am running BFG KO2 285 70 17 and have 3/4" spacer in front only. keeps some rake for hauling stuff
That might be the best option for me too as I will occasionally be using it for "truck stuff."

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Most level will be without the rear spacer. The 1.5 front spacer should bring the front close to level with the back. The front will still be slightly lower than the rear.

This is what I have seen regarding the reason the rear is higher than the front. When the truck is loaded the rear with most of the weight will settle. With the back starting off higher when the truck does sag hopefully the headlights will not be pointing to the moon. Also, and still while hauling a heavy load the geometry of the vehicle changes and the front end begins to lift. When the front end lifts less weight is on the front axle. Without weight on the front axles/tires vehicles want to go Stright. Those factory Engineers do what they can and try to keep us from hurting ourselves.
Not sure about hurting ourselves but my '22 Willys has 1.5 Teraflex w nothing on rear. Used the longer LCAs from Mopar w it. I have a winch bumper w 12k winch in it and its reasonably level w maybe a half inch down in the front. 33.5's on it looks good

Sponsored

Sunset 2025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Here is my Overland on 1.5 Teraflex front and nothing on the back. Steel front bumper (mid width Fishbone) and Warn winch (so ~200 extra lb in the front) and 35 inch Wildpeaks. There is still a rake.
Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front IMG_4616.JPG

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
I think I'm leaning towards a 3/4" in the front now on account of only planning to run 33" tires. If I ever upgrade to 35's or larger I will go with a 1.5" in the front and 3/4" in rear. At least that's what i'm thinking for now.

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Love this forum! Searching around on here, just discovered the JKS ACOS system which seems pretty cool too. Now I think I want that haha.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Keep this in mind.

The rear is relatively easy to add spacers to. So do what you want up front and let everything settle in. Then if you think the butt needs raised, get her some butt implants.

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Keep this in mind.

The rear is relatively easy to add spacers to. So do what you want up front and let everything settle in. Then if you think the butt needs raised, get her some butt implants.
Wise words. I'm all about not spending money when it's not needed.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Here is my Max Tow when I had 33s and just the Teraflex 1.5” level kit. Like others mentioned, the front was still a bit lower than the rear.

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front 56979890-C628-42EF-949F-C5353BDBD10A

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front E9F5BD5C-FF47-4968-BBF4-B334F5E69578

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front C2AD1B4F-644B-4D2A-8010-BB546DB40D14

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Most people add the rear to keep a slight bit of rake but still able to raise the front. I was initially gonna do the same. But after the teraflex leveling up front I liked the stance and didn’t feel the need to.
Not the best side shot but Here’s mine without the rear.

968D8FDD-6406-4B12-961F-584732F6EA5E.jpeg

OP
OP
first_jeep_guy
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Coast Guard
Thanks for all the pictures everyone! I think what I'm going to do at first is put on the JKS ACOS adjustable spacers on the front at 1" and see how I like it. Then if I feel like I want it higher in the front I will adjust them bigger until I like where it's at. Might end up adding 3/4' spacers in the rear if occasional towing becomes an issue with rake. I really am attracted to the adjustable spacers so that I can continuously adjust rake as I install/uninstall stuff on the front of the truck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When I tow I have about 500 pounds tongue weight. That makes the truck sit level.
If I took the rake out, it would squat in the back - it would be lower back there.
And I have max tow springs under the rear of my JT.
Yeah, 500 pound tongue weight towing a 5,000 trailer is enough to take the rake out.
Not sure I'd personally want to take any rake out of my truck - if I did, it would be minimal because I had the squatting dog look when towing or hauling stuff.

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front 20210909_105011_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front 20210609_130656_HDR

Mac_66

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Operations Tech
I have a 21 Willys.
2" springs up front. 1.5 inches for the rake and .5 inches for the weight of the steel bumper with 10k winch.
Will, sits almost perfectly level. I drive empty or with my kayak in the back all the time. A few times a year a haul a camp trailer. there is a half inch squat with that 3000 lb trailer.

Jeep Gladiator Question about rear end when adding 1.5" level to front 21 pic

21 T.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: