First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Question for Non-US Owners- Rear bumper reflectors

Looking at how these reflectors are built, view from the back side, it almost appears they can be set up with lights.

Questions for non-US owners, do these things light up as brake lights or for any other process? This bumper may be on here a while till I can find one I like, can afford or is light enough (Aluminum?) for my weight demands.

As much as I have fun wiring a 72 CJ 5 and doing backup and deer lights on this JT, I am darn tempted to turn these into brake lights, just for fun ( and I-95 morning drive buttheads ).

That blue cap in PIC pulls off and you can see through to Red reflector. That PIC with bright reds is just from the camea flash but makes you think about how nice of an addition these could be as brake lights.

Reflect 3.jpg

Reflect2.jpg

Reflect1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bocu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s ,2004 wrangler x ,1999 wrangler sport ,2015 Vw cc
I have been looking on line for aftermarket lights for those spots haven’t found anything yet

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Question for Non-US Owners- Rear bumper reflectors

Looking at how these reflectors are built, view from the back side, it almost appears they can be set up with lights.

Questions for non-US owners, do these things light up as brake lights or for any other process? This bumper may be on here a while till I can find one I like, can afford or is light enough (Aluminum?) for my weight demands.

As much as I have fun wiring a 72 CJ 5 and doing backup and deer lights on this JT, I am darn tempted to turn these into brake lights, just for fun ( and I-95 morning drive buttheads ).

That blue cap in PIC pulls off and you can see through to Red reflector. That PIC with bright reds is just from the camea flash but makes you think about how nice of an addition these could be as brake lights.

Reflect 3.jpg

Reflect2.jpg

Reflect1.jpg
Have you pulled the blue cap - whats under it? Seems a well placed single Led bulb wired into the license plate light would make it a running light. Tap into brake light to add more? Having driven I 95 for years - not sure any of it matters ;-) but it seems you could modify pretty easily. I can't find the thread but one of the members hear buried some led backup lights in the reflectors - he might have a bit of insight into the make up of reflector as he took it apart / modified it

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I installed the Euro spec rear fog lights back in March, did a brief write up on another post. The plugs are expensive if you order them individually, or just order a standard license plate wiring harness and lengthen where needed. They are hooked up to my Aux 3 switch with about 25 feet of wire wrapped in friction tape to match the factory wiring. The wires are not in the US spec wiring harness to tap into, already exhausted that research.

IMG_20200322_183354.jpg

IMG_20200322_195728.jpg

IMG_20200321_211256.jpg

IMG_20200322_094517.jpg

OP
OP
Uparms

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Euro spec rear fog lights back in March, did a brief write up on another post. The plugs are expensive if you order them individually, or just order a standard license plate wiring harness and lengthen where needed. They are hooked up to my Aux 3 switch with about 25 feet of wire wrapped in friction tape to match the factory wiring. The wires are not in the US spec wiring harness to tap into, already exhausted that research.

Jeep Gladiator Question for Non-US Owners- Rear bumper reflectors IMG_20200322_094517

Jeep Gladiator Question for Non-US Owners- Rear bumper reflectors IMG_20200322_094517

Thanks for sharing, nice product and option. Roughly how much did the pair cost? I will do a search now.

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Very cool. Some people also put lights here next to the deflectors. If you have the tow package could you tap into the trailer harness and wire your additional brake lights as a pretend trailer?

Screenshot_20201210-072150__01__01.jpg

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Very cool. Some people also put lights here next to the deflectors. If you have the tow package could you tap into the trailer harness and wire your additional brake lights as a pretend trailer?

Screenshot_20201210-072150__01__01.jpg
They're wired as fogs only, but yes, you could wire them that way, super easy.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Question for Non-US Owners- Rear bumper reflectors Screenshot_20201210-072150__01__01
Curt sells a T harness that plugs in to the back of the trailer plug. It makes tapping in to the lights real easy. I did that when I added a set of KC Reverse Lights .

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Curt sells a T harness that plugs in to the back of the trailer plug. It makes tapping in to the lights real easy. I did that when I added a set of KC Reverse Lights .
Could you link the part you bought for this? It sounds like an easy way to add rear lights. Thanks.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Are you guys saying that Gladiators do not come with rear fog lights? I am not an owner and am just researching in preparation for the purchase. Thx
The only ones that come with the rear fogs are European spec Gladiators. US variants only have reflectors.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Could you link the part you bought for this? It sounds like an easy way to add rear lights. Thanks.
Curt Harness
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_eSV0FbQ0D441A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I used this to wire from
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079R168SF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_tXV0FbE1BFJCG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this to mount it underneath
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00537FDCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_i3V0FbCXAN6RH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The Curt harness goes between the factory connector and the back of the 7 pin plug. I used the plates to mount the other end behind the bumper. I plugged in the trailer harness and wired the lights to it.

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Are you guys saying that Gladiators do not come with rear fog lights? I am not an owner and am just researching in preparation for the purchase. Thx
May want to check Canadian spec but the US spec does not include them. I'm fairly certain you'll see the same as the US because the Euro model only includes them because they're mandatory in some countries like Germany.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
May want to check Canadian spec but the US spec does not include them. I'm fairly certain you'll see the same as the US because the Euro model only includes them because they're mandatory in some countries like Germany.
Nope Canada doesn't have then either. They also have the US spec wiring harness.
Sponsored