question for those who financed with Gupton

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
For those who have great credit scores did you still have to provide proof of income? I keep hearing people say if you have great credit most places don't even verify income much less care what it is. Second is there any discount for foum members ? I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it.
Thanks
Sponsored

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
For those who have great credit scores did you still have to provide proof of income? I keep hearing people say if you have great credit most places don't even verify income much less care what it is. Second is there any discount for foum members ? I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it.
Thanks
I hope this is true. I have excellent credit, but have been kind of coasting this year in terms of working. I havent been picking up any OT as everybody is on burnout in the hospitals these days.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Also did Gupton allow any of you to work out financing details before traveling to their store?

I'd love to have all or most of the financial stuff worked out before I show up. I will most likely be going through them for the additional 1 percent off.

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I hope this is true. I have excellent credit, but have been kind of coasting this year in terms of working. I havent been picking up any OT as everybody is on burnout in the hospitals these days.
Same with me. Hopefully someone will see this and chime in.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I financed with another dealer and they didn't ask for proof of income. I do have a great credit score though.

The discount with financing with Gupton is 1% off. The deal for 2021's was 6% off, +1% for tread lightly, +1% for financing through the dealer.

Sponsored

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I don’t have personal experience dealing Gupton nor their finance department. With that said the answer SHOULD vary by person. If you have a good credit score, with a long credit history and the historical ability to get high dollar loans, low credit consumption, you will likely not be asked for anything. I am sure they can pre-approve you for financing. Furthermore, I would encourage you to get pre-approved from another source or two and then have Gupton compete for a better rate.

Glendawg619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 2 door JKR, '20 JTR, '21 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I bought at Petersons in Nampa, they didn't ask for proof of income, but my credit score is 750+. I did bring some paystubs just in case.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Even if you plan on financing through them, line up your own financing first as a backup option. The last thing you ever want is to end up in the financing office and hear that they can’t get you a rate or terms that you’re wanting.

Capital One has a great online tool that you can use.

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
I did my deal a couple weeks ago with Gupton. Strong credit. No backup documents needed. Interest rate was 2.59% on 60 months. I financed a little over half of the purchase price.

Filled out Credit App online two days before pickup, was in the finance office for about 15-20 minutes signing documents. Another 20-30 minutes with Renee going over JT features and the Apps on my phone. Out the door and on my way home in about an hour.

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I did my deal a couple weeks ago with Gupton. Strong credit. No backup documents needed. Interest rate was 2.59% on 60 months. I financed a little over half of the purchase price.

Filled out Credit App online two days before pickup, was in the finance office for about 15-20 minutes signing documents. Another 20-30 minutes with Renee going over JT features and the Apps on my phone. Out the door and on my way home in about an hour.
This was my experience as well
Sponsored