Questions for Diamondback owners

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I really like them but one concern is my ability to haul something tall. As an example, I need to tale a couple chairs to a friends new house but I really don’t see how I can do it with a Diamondback unless the gas struts can be easily disconnected and the back section flipped entirely out of the way. Is that even possible? I think that as hard tonneaus go, this is as good as it gets at the price point and really want one, just the one hangup.....

After using yours, has there been any challenges that made you wish you had a different style or brand? If so, please describe.

Lastly, does anyone also have a bedrock? If so, please describe what you have and how it performs. I may skip that altogether, especially with such a robust tonneau I can use to haul on top but still nice to know just in case.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I have the HD. The gas springs easily disconnect and allow you to flip the panels all the way over.

I have done that to fit things like garbage cans, etc to fit in the bed.

Also, after you’ve completed the initial install, it is surprisingly quick and easy to remove the whole thing—removing the cover entirely probably takes me about 5-minutes, and about the same to put it back on.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Yes, it's fast to take off and put back on. But it takes time to dial it in if you don't want any water getting in.

Once you install it, spray it down with water and test it for leaks. Find a position it where it doesn't leak and then mark that in a few spots with paint marker or something. That way, when you take it off and put it back on, you have a reference points to line up and you'll less likely have any leaks.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
You could possibly fit the chairs under the cover, and put the table on top of it.

You can fold the tailgate side all the way back, the struts have a tool-less quick disconnect. Then you could even slide it off if you wanted to, but you would still have the center support bar. The bar is held on with 4 bolts, so it's pretty easy to remove, and you can mark it with some sharpie so you know where to put it back, if you can't see the indentions.

I have the Front Runner cross bars and use it for a RTT or bikes most of the time.

index-php-action-dlattach-topic-4107-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You could possibly fit the chairs under the cover, and put the table on top of it.

You can fold the tailgate side all the way back, the struts have a tool-less quick disconnect. Then you could even slide it off if you wanted to, but you would still have the center support bar. The bar is held on with 4 bolts, so it's pretty easy to remove, and you can mark it with some sharpie so you know where to put it back, if you can't see the indentions.

I have the Front Runner cross bars and use it for a RTT or bikes most of the time.

Jeep Gladiator Questions for Diamondback owners index-php-action-dlattach-topic-4107-

Jeep Gladiator Questions for Diamondback owners index-php-action-dlattach-topic-4107-

That's great, thanks. They're really expensive but a buddy of mine has replaced his 3 times on a newer Dodge truck. We went on a golf trip and all 4 of us had to move bags/suitcases around all the bloody time because his tonneau was 'down' again. I'd rather 'buy once, cry once'.

OP
OP

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, with a lump in my throat I bought the SE model and some extra tie-downs. DB provided a 10% veterans discount so that eased my pain a wee bit. Ships in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored