First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I searched and came up empty so new thread time!

Thinking about picking these up but can’t find much feedback on them even though they’ve been out a while now:

Having already stripped out a set of hardware on my ROAM tent (I only have the tent on my rack if we are going to use it) I think this is a solid option. It would be great to hear some member feedback before pulling the trigger.

I have the Rebel Off-road Xplorer Half Rack but it seems that these should work just fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MMMII

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Just found this (starting with post 335) on the JL thread. Reached out to the OP will share what I hear.

OP
OP
MMMII

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Purchased and installed but it’s been way to hot to even think about camping until now….

Jeep Gladiator Quick Release Tent Mount Kit By Front Runner C9A79FC0-8CB5-4BDB-9C2A-A44A3ADE9F02
Jeep Gladiator Quick Release Tent Mount Kit By Front Runner 5184BF4E-366B-4B6B-B971-3FA7F35CCD63

Shake down trip will be 60 mile highway and then 15 mile service road, setup for the night and back again.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
That looks pretty cool. Let us know how you like it.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think go rhino also has something similar, but I like this design better.

The Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
AV / VC Engineer
I used the quick disconnect kit from Frontrunner on my RTT for the past four years. I had some issues with the powder coating on a few Front Runner products and they replaced them for me. Other then that it was a great kit and not sure why I never saw it used more. It was a bit pricey although well worth it. I was able to essentially get it on and off in sixty seconds with the help of a neighbor.

One random item. This doesn't necessarily allow you to easily switch a tent between two different vehicles. I had hoped to do this between my 4Runner and JKU as they both had the Frontrunner rack. The spacing though on the racks didn't allow me to use the same tent spacing which foiled the plan. Random note for anyone thinking of doing this...
Sponsored