Sponsored

QuickJack Portable Lift with the Gladiator

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking into getting a QuickJack lift. While I was measuring the min/max lifting points to determine which model I would need I got to thinking if this type of jack will even work with the frame due to the angled part of the frame near the rear door. I tried to capture this in the pics below. From front to back the frame is level, then mid-way through the rear door it starts to angle down. I don't know if/how the QuickJack works with this. I'm sure it's common in trucks, but I don't want to drop $$$ to find out it doesn't work, or is completely unsafe.

Does anyone have experience with this?

https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-measuring-guide.html

7-18-2019 1-40-27 3 PM.gif

7-18-2019 1-40-27 2 PM.gif
Sponsored

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had to share this funny. This was the Amazon search result for QuickJack. Something seems out of place :CWL:.
7-18-2019 2-11-34 PM.gif

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Yeah I feel ya there, never been all that impressed by West Coast Customs myself. :clap:

ColdSRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon--2018 Jeep GC Trackhawk--99 Jeep Cherokee
I'm in the market for one as well. I wish the short 5000 pound model would work as they have it at costco for $1000. I'm looking at the 7000EXT at $1600 and $500 in shipping plus a couple hundred in accessories.

I plan to use mine for both my trackhawk and gladiator. I have measured extensively on both vehicles to insure it would work to max lift in my garage, even with the highest block set they have and the truck upgrading to a 2" lift and 37s. I looked at that area you're talking about and didn't see anything to be overly concerned with. If I remember right, it flattened back out just in front of the control arm mount. I'm going to look again when I get home. Worst case is have a local welding shop fab you up some custom blocks.

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the market for one as well. I wish the short 5000 pound model would work as they have it at costco for $1000. I'm looking at the 7000EXT at $1600 and $500 in shipping plus a couple hundred in accessories.

I plan to use mine for both my trackhawk and gladiator. I have measured extensively on both vehicles to insure it would work to max lift in my garage, even with the highest block set they have and the truck upgrading to a 2" lift and 37s. I looked at that area you're talking about and didn't see anything to be overly concerned with. If I remember right, it flattened back out just in front of the control arm mount. I'm going to look again when I get home. Worst case is have a local welding shop fab you up some custom blocks.
I'm curious what you end up doing, because like you I will be using it for a Grand Cherokee too.

Sponsored

ColdSRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another guy on a trackhawk forum was using a 5000EXT. Sketchy on the weight rating and I wouldn't be crawling under, but it let me know that I could fit the EXT so that solidified the plan for which model.

You could also go with the shorter model if needed for a shorter rig and use their extension rails that turn it into the EXT. More expensive that way, but it gives you the best of both worlds.

I measured again and there is 6" of flat in front of the lca mount. You should have no problem finding a happy spot with the 66" max spread of the EXT. The SLX model would really be pushing it. Go big or go home. Haha. At least you don't have to have it shipped to Alaska. My first quote was $1k.

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another guy on a trackhawk forum was using a 5000EXT. Sketchy on the weight rating and I wouldn't be crawling under, but it let me know that I could fit the EXT so that solidified the plan for which model.

You could also go with the shorter model if needed for a shorter rig and use their extension rails that turn it into the EXT. More expensive that way, but it gives you the best of both worlds.

I measured again and there is 6" of flat in front of the lca mount. You should have no problem finding a happy spot with the 66" max spread of the EXT. The SLX model would really be pushing it. Go big or go home. Haha. At least you don't have to have it shipped to Alaska. My first quote was $1k.
Well awesome, and I appreciate your legwork! Now onto the deal searching.

ColdSRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well awesome, and I appreciate your legwork! Now onto the deal searching.
No worries. A stack of medical bills means I won't be buying for a couple more months. I love my race ramps, but the quickjack will be much better and will make tire rotations a lot easier to complete.

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Occupation
IT Nerd
What did you guys end up going with? I'm probably going to need to go the SLX route with the extenders to make it an EXT since my daughter really wants a mini cooper and I doubt the ext would fit under there. So looking for one solution that can lift all current and future vehicles.