Sponsored

Rack for hardtop roof?

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does anybody know if Jeep plans to offer roof bars or a rack for the Gladiator's hardtop roof? Something like the bars in this photo would be perfect (the two black bars on the tan hardtop; not the part with the RTT on it in the bed). I'd love a place to carry a couple Rotopax and some Maxtrax, but I'm planning on a hard tonneau for the bed, and haven't seen any rack-type accessories that are compatible with one.

Hence, maybe it makes more sense to put this stuff on the roof of the cab. (I'm aware that this would interfere with the Freedom Top panels; don't care.)
jeep-wayout-concept-1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Eezi-Awn is actually a South African company that has been in the business for over 30 years. You will not find a better product anywhere.

Weā€™ve used several of their products on expeditions in Africa and subjected them to tremendous use/abuse and had zero issues with any of it.

Iā€™m hoping they come out with their aluminum canopy for the bed. Iā€™ll be the first one to buy one...

Sponsored

Craig rubi

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
my cross bar mopars work fine for me and what i need.
Mopar Part #: 82215387

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

Craig rubi

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

CDF-JY

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Eezi-Awn is actually a South African company that has been in the business for over 30 years. You will not find a better product anywhere.

Weā€™ve used several of their products on expeditions in Africa and subjected them to tremendous use/abuse and had zero issues with any of it.

Iā€™m hoping they come out with their aluminum canopy for the bed. Iā€™ll be the first one to buy one...

Sponsored

CDF-JY

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Aluminum canopy concept for the Gladiator. 75-80 LBS Estimated with glass options, less without.
the diamond pattern just represents the metal sheet in-between the framework which is 2" square tubing.
Any concerns or changes you can suggest would be awesome so I can make the appropriate revisions.
Thanks !

Gladiator canopy concept  2.jpg

View attachment 36331

Attachments

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Like the idea..
A couple of questions..
- does the top lift up? If so,why? I would think this could affect the strength of the canopy and itā€™s ability to carry a rtt on top.
- I think you could easily get by with two latches on each side instead of 3..what would be the length of the side awning doors?

CDF-JY

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Like the idea..
A couple of questions..
- does the top lift up? If so,why? I would think this could affect the strength of the canopy and itā€™s ability to carry a rtt on top.
- I think you could easily get by with two latches on each side instead of 3..what would be the length of the side awning doors?
Hi Eddie,

I appreciate the feedback.

Awning doors are 18" high x 48" wide. Your right two hinges would definitely work just as well., I figured 3 in case one breaks off without notice. Also the roof overlaps the sides so the hinges cant be as bulky as the front ones.( I was thinking of using actual hinges from jeep if possible)same hardware then, easier to fix.

The top is an option allowing the bulk of items (xmas tree, dirt pile, furniture) to be largely contained within the canopy and other longer parts can stick out. Something along the lines of a Tonneau cover. This option would be all aluminum or have plexi windows for in town everyday use if required.

Framework for the canopy and roof structure are separate entity's in this option, otherwise it would be all one structure, less expensive too.

Thanks