Rack/RTT/Gear Installed

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Due to being forced to work from home, we finally got around to installing all our new gear just in time for all the National Parks in our area to close. :crying: Nevertheless, we were about to take it out to Cloudcroft, NM and give everything a little test run. Cheers!

IMG_2142 copy.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2744.JPG
Sponsored

Andy2020

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hi, hope all is well with you guys. We are a couple from Miami venturing this summer. We were looking at your Gladiator and we pretty much have the same set up. Your truck looks pretty cool. We also have the Roam tent. We added a foam pad to the mattress to make it a little bit more comfortable. Are you guys comfortable the way it comes? This summer we're planning to go to Moab and New Mexico. Do you know of a good campsite next to a river in New Mexico and trails that we could take? We don't mind secluded places. How is the weather at night, a bit cold? Should we get a heavy sleeping bag? Any bugs that we should worry about? LOL. We might overload trying not to miss anything. Cheers, Andy and Mayra.

OP
OP
mgriggs

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, hope all is well with you guys. We are a couple from Miami venturing this summer. We were looking at your Gladiator and we pretty much have the same set up. Your truck looks pretty cool. We also have the Roam tent. We added a foam pad to the mattress to make it a little bit more comfortable. Are you guys comfortable the way it comes? This summer we're planning to go to Moab and New Mexico. Do you know of a good campsite next to a river in New Mexico and trails that we could take? We don't mind secluded places. How is the weather at night, a bit cold? Should we get a heavy sleeping bag? Any bugs that we should worry about? LOL. We might overload trying not to miss anything. Cheers, Andy and Mayra.
Hey there! Of all the years I lived in FL, Miami is the one place I never got to see :( maybe someday. So far, we're okay with the current mattress setup, it's actually quite thick (in my opinion) and gets the job done.
Weather will vary between the state. If you camp in the southern mountains it'll get a little cold at night but not unbearable. The more north you go it definitely gets pretty cold, even in the summer. I'd bring an extra sleeping bag/blanket just in case you make the trip more north.
There are some hidden gem campsites around here, next to a river might be a little challenging though, I do know of a few spots in Jemez and Pecos that bring you close to some water though. Give me a day or two and I'll try to get some coordinates for those spots.
Bugs, eh just the normal around this time of year. We live way down in southern NM and haven't had much issue with bugs, yet. I'd still bring some repellent. There are the usual snakes, scorpions and whatnot out here but, I havent seen any yet, fingers crossed. Since you're in the RTT I wouldn't worry about that too much.
We're actually going to be camping this weekend in the mountains nearby, I can give you a more detailed report on weather, animals and gear when we get back.

If you have any more questions before then please reach out, safe travels!

DougalsMD

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Due to being forced to work from home, we finally got around to installing all our new gear just in time for all the National Parks in our area to close. :crying: Nevertheless, we were about to take it out to Cloudcroft, NM and give everything a little test run. Cheers!

Jeep Gladiator Rack/RTT/Gear Installed IMG_2744.JPG

Looks great! I just reserved my RTT and hope to have my rig looking similar soon!

Andy2020

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hi, hope you had a great time this weekend camping. We went to Orlando with the tent on the Gladiator and we made 15.5 mpg. On the way back we only managed to make 14 mpg. Does this sounds more or less right? Is this about how much you make? If you're ever in Miami let us know and maybe we could get together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgriggs

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, hope you had a great time this weekend camping. We went to Orlando with the tent on the Gladiator and we made 15.5 mpg. On the way back we only managed to make 14 mpg. Does this sounds more or less right? Is this about how much you make? If you're ever in Miami let us know and maybe we could get together.
We had a great time, weather was just right, stayed in the upper 60's during the day and around high 40's at night. 2 blankets and sleeping bags was more than enough.

Hmm before the rack and tent we made about 20-21 mpg, right now my average is 18.6 w/ everything on. I use cruise control almost all the time so maybe that helps.

IMG_0179.JPG

Andy2020

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hi, sorry we haven"t gotten back to you. We have been busy. I hope it warms up a bit for summer. LOL. My husband slowed down to 70mpg and we manged to get 16.8 mpg. This summer we're meeting with friends in Colorado. Then we'll be going to be in New Mexico for a few days. We are planning on going through Carson National Forest all the way to Lincoln National Forest. We saw that you have the annex, do you use it a lot?

OP
OP
mgriggs

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, sorry we haven"t gotten back to you. We have been busy. I hope it warms up a bit for summer. LOL. My husband slowed down to 70mpg and we managed to get 16.8 mpg. This summer we're meeting with friends in Colorado. Then we'll be going to be in New Mexico for a few days. We are planning on going through Carson National Forest all the way to Lincoln National Forest. We saw that you have the annex, do you use it a lot?

No worries! by the time you get down here it should be plenty warm, even at night. We're down here in Lincoln National so if you need a guide or anything else, please reach out. The annex was more of a nicety at first but we actually use it every time we set up. You definitely dont NEED it but it comes in handy if you want to change clothes standing up, or even have someone else setup camp underneath, there's plenty of room.

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Did the rack and rtt squat your JTR in the rear? Especially with full cans mounted plus gear in the bed. I am hoping AEV or someone makes some springs for load.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgriggs

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the rack and rtt squat your JTR in the rear? Especially with full cans mounted plus gear in the bed. I am hoping AEV or someone makes some springs for load.
I didnt measure anything prior to the install but with some gear in the back, full fuel/water and the rack and RTT, I didn't notice a sag.

IMG_9538.jpg

OP
OP
mgriggs

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got around to installing the lift and roof rack. Super happy with the outcome, cant wait to put it to use.

IMG_3305 copy.jpg

IMG_3306 copy.jpg

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Looking good; I want a roof rack but we take our top off too much to justify it.
Sponsored