Sponsored

Radio nitpicks

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
1) The favorites icon pops up and I have a hard time pressing it to see what favorite is on the air. I don't have fat fingers either

2) Favorites should be a little more flexible. For instance, if I favorite "Tom Petty" it should also alert when "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" plays, Instead, one has to use two of their twenty (or whatever the limit is) slots to favorite "Tom Petty" and "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers"

3) Along the same line as #2, I can select "Michigan State University" as a favorite team to get pop ups when they play, however, SXM always lists them as "MSU" so I do not get alerts at all.

#2 and #3 have been around for a while. I had a 2015 Cherokee with those issues. #1 is new to this radio. I have the 7" if that makes a difference. I can't imagine the 5" radio being able to tap the favorite pop up.

Maybe @JeepCares can let the powers that be know and a software update could fix this?
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Booooooo!

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even worse!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I discovered that there are now the following for Tom Petty...

"Tom Petty"
"Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers"
"Tom Petty/Heartbreakers"
"Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers"
"Tom Petty & Heartbreakers"

Maybe this is a SXM issue, but also sports teams. The NFL games last week were listed as the three letter initial for the teams however, in the favorites they are listed by complete team names so no alerts are given.

Jeep needs to get with SXM and come to a solution. What good are having alerts if they don't work?

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
My guess is there is little collaboration between Sirius and the software engineers at FCA. Since the text string for Tom Petty can take so many shapes, it would be hard to know what text to ignore vs. what text is important in getting a positive ID on the artist. If Sirius assigned a serial number to every artist and pushed that number when the song plays along with an artist database on a radio update, then I could see the favorite being "artist with ID of X". I wonder if the individual DJ's and broadcasters have any input on the titles they push down - that would contribute to the Michigan vs MSU problems too.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that there is probably little collaboration between the two. I would think (although I am not a programmer and this may be harder than it sounds) that if you saved "Tom Petty" it could also notify when one of the other, longer, names pops up. And for the sport teams, if SXM uses the three letter identifier, why not have the radio do the same? ARI, BUF, CIN, DET, NEP etc...

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I had other issues with my radio and they replaced it Monday. I noticed that now the items 1 and 2 on my list are fixed. The favorites button works now as well as I favorited Tom Petty/Heartbreaks and I am being notified for Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Tom Petty & Heartbreakers. I haven't tested the sports stuff yet.
Sponsored