Sponsored

Radio "POP's" and reboot - anybody else?

GrayGoose

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
2020 Sport with the standard size radio/screen - a 2 occasions now I have heard a loud "pop" in stereo and the screen reboots...any body else have this issue? Dealer says it is running latest fw...
Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’ve had this happen a few times. Have to wait for a reboot and reset the clock... I don’t have any solutions though. Honestly, the small unit wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for these glitches.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Is that the standard 7"?

Haven't seen it. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Ah. Ok. Mine is the 7" with the preferred 24S package.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
There is a couple threads already on the base 5" radio making popping sounds, rebooting and not keeping time.

To my knowledge, there has been no resolution of the issue other than a few people getting the dealer to swap out the radio with mixed results with the replacement.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
2020 Sport with the standard size radio/screen - a 2 occasions now I have heard a loud "pop" in stereo and the screen reboots...any body else have this issue? Dealer says it is running latest fw...
I’ve had this happen a few times. Have to wait for a reboot and reset the clock... I don’t have any solutions though. Honestly, the small unit wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for these glitches.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
GrayGoose

GrayGoose

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares
I actually did take it to the dealership - they checked the radio and stated that the FW was up to date and the radio is functioning...

The radio will not keep time and has "popped' loudly and rebooted itself twice so far.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I actually did take it to the dealership - they checked the radio and stated that the FW was up to date and the radio is functioning...

The radio will not keep time and has "popped' loudly and rebooted itself twice so far.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
I had the same issue a few trips to dealer and even setting up a dash camera to record it happing, it turn out to be a crappy phone cable causing mine to do it check your cable

OP
OP
GrayGoose

GrayGoose

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
I had the same issue a few trips to dealer and even setting up a dash camera to record it happing, it turn out to be a crappy phone cable causing mine to do it check your cable
This happened to me with no cables connected...just blue tooth.

flybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ-7, 20 JT
The "POP" in the the speakers, reboot and clock re-set to 12:00 has happened to me three times at least since fall 2019......tonight the screen never came on at startup. Drove 15 minutes home, then re-started..... no luck. Then tried just ACC...... no luck. Parked it in the garage and I'll try again tomorrow morning. If it still doesn't work, I guess I'm heading to the dealer ( if they're open ) tomorrow.

OP
OP
GrayGoose

GrayGoose

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
The "POP" in the the speakers, reboot and clock re-set to 12:00 has happened to me three times at least since fall 2019......tonight the screen never came on at startup. Drove 15 minutes home, then re-started..... no luck. Then tried just ACC...... no luck. Parked it in the garage and I'll try again tomorrow morning. If it still doesn't work, I guess I'm heading to the dealer ( if they're open ) tomorrow.
Bummer - I did make an appointment at dealer as Jeep told me there is now a fw update for the radio but I haven't made it there yet...

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mines done it about 4 or 5 times since I bought mine a year ago, I got the 5" one as well. Firmware is up-to-date. It hasn't done it in a few months but I continues to not gold time but my old JKU radio never kept time right either.
Sponsored