Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 7" Unconnect (I wish I would have got the 8.4" but that is another topic). Having a couple of issues lately...

1. I have noticed that lately, it takes up to 2-3 min to launch Sirius/XM. That happens sometimes when there is an update.

2. Sometimes I start the car and the radio stays "grey" (I say grey because it is on...just black screen).

3. Sometimes when I am on Carplay (Waze) the radio goes off after 10 seconds. When I go back to the radio button, the sounds comes back on.

Any sort of update I should be looking for?
Sponsored

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
I have the 7" Unconnect (I wish I would have got the 8.4" but that is another topic). Having a couple of issues lately...

1. I have noticed that lately, it takes up to 2-3 min to launch Sirius/XM. That happens sometimes when there is an update.

2. Sometimes I start the car and the radio stays "grey" (I say grey because it is on...just black screen).

3. Sometimes when I am on Carplay (Waze) the radio goes off after 10 seconds. When I go back to the radio button, the sounds comes back on.

Any sort of update I should be looking for?

I too have just started seeing some interesting issues with my 7” radio. Have had Gladiator since Late October with no issues till this weekend.

1. seeing Sirius/XM slow to launch sometimes.

2. when I connect my iPhone to the dash socket (with an Apple cord), SiriusXM music stops, CarPlay is displayed until I hit the CarPlay button, the Waze launches, but music doesn’t restart until I hit the radio button. After that, I can go back and forth to any screen and SiriusXM music continues to play With no interruptions. By the way.....this condition has happened every time since Sunday.

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
I too have just started seeing some interesting issues with my 7” radio. Have had Gladiator since Late October with no issues till this weekend.

1. seeing Sirius/XM slow to launch sometimes.

2. when I connect my iPhone to the dash socket (with an Apple cord), SiriusXM music stops, CarPlay is displayed until I hit the CarPlay button, the Waze launches, but music doesn’t restart until I hit the radio button. After that, I can go back and forth to any screen and SiriusXM music continues to play With no interruptions. By the way.....this condition has happened every time since Sunday.

Figured out that Waze is the culprit on for sure my second issue. If I leave any other app displayed / active in car play other than Waze, everything behaves as expected. If Waze is the open/active/ displayed app when I shut the Gladiator off, the next time I start and connect, everything is locked until I sequence through the CarPlay & music button.

I have a friend with a different vehicle & car play and has similar symptoms with Waze active.

I suspect the SiriusXM issue is related to the Waze issue and to lack of getting a signal.
Sponsored