Radio volume increasing automaticaly since Tazer install

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE, Range Rover Sprt, Porsche 718 Spyder
Like the title says, since I've installed my Tazer I've had an issue with the radio volume jumping way up all of a sudden. I have the 8.4" unit, and have never had any previous issues with it. From what I've been able to notice, it does not matter whether I'm listening to the radio, Carplay or satellite. Same issue. Listening to music at a certain level and the volume will just jump way up. When I turn the volume knob up or down one notch, it still shows the volume is where I had it set, and the sound returns to the level it was at previously. The odd part (or odder part) is that it mostly seems to happen when I am coming to a stop (slow down to below 5 mph) or shortly after coming to a complete stop.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Maybe a stupid\obvious question but are you sure you don't have the volume adjust option turned on? It will adjust the volume depending on speed.

OP
OP
JayO

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE, Range Rover Sprt, Porsche 718 Spyder
I did think of that, and tried turning the volume adjust all the way up and completely off, but no change. Then I realized, if there was an issue with the volume adjust, the volume would be getting a lot quieter when I slowed down, not louder. :)

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
Same problem.
Any solution yet?
Thanks

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Mine does it too. It seems to be linked to the backup camera coming on with the turn signal. I guess it turns the radio down slightly when the backup camera comes on. It's like it gets confused, and will randomly increase my volume by like 10 or more, sometimes several minutes after I've used my turn signal. I couldn't find anywhere in the settings to turn off the volume reduction when the backup camera is on. Super annoying, and it keeps randomly doing it until I turn the ignition off and back on again.

Sponsored

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
Mine does it too. It seems to be linked to the backup camera coming on with the turn signal. I guess it turns the radio down slightly when the backup camera comes on. It's like it gets confused, and will randomly increase my volume by like 10 or more, sometimes several minutes after I've used my turn signal. I couldn't find anywhere in the settings to turn off the volume reduction when the backup camera is on. Super annoying, and it keeps randomly doing it until I turn the ignition off and back on again.
Do you have a pac module installed?
Do you have a Tazer installed?

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Do you have a pac module installed?
Do you have a Tazer installed?
I have a Tazer installed, but no PAC module. Mine has the 8.4" Alpine system. It didn't start doing this until I installed the Tazer.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Hey @Jay O & @Wet Willys can you you post up your firmware version of your Tazer? Might lead us somewhere.

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
I have a Tazer installed, but no PAC module. Mine has the 8.4" Alpine system. It didn't start doing this until I installed the Tazer.
I installed a pac module when I upgraded my stereo and I never noticed volume fluctuations. Approx 6 mos later, I installed a Tazer Lite. Now that I think of it, the issues started shortly after that.
I was initially thinking it was the pac module, but am now leaning towards the Tazer.

I wonder if Z Automotive has had any complaints? If it is a known issue with them, I wonder if there's been a firmware update to address it?
Hey @Jay O & @Wet Willys can you you post up your firmware version of your Tazer? Might lead us somewhere.
For what it’s worth, I have the following:
Tazer JL Lite
Firmware 11.2.3
2020 Wrangler Rubicon

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I installed a pac module when I upgraded my stereo and I never noticed volume fluctuations. Approx 6 mos later, I installed a Tazer Lite. Now that I think of it, the issues started shortly after that.
I was initially thinking it was the pac module, but am now leaning towards the Tazer.

I wonder if Z Automotive has had any complaints? If it is a known issue with them, I wonder if there's been a firmware update to address it?

For what it’s worth, I have the following:
Tazer JL Lite
Firmware 11.2.3
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I would start with upgrading the tazer firmware, since that's like 7 versions behind. Maybe try without the tazer while you're upgrading the firmware anyway. Then I would look at the pac module, since the same problem has been reported by people using the the pac who aren't using the tazer.

Sponsored

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
I would start with upgrading the tazer firmware, since that's like 7 versions behind. Maybe try without the tazer while you're upgrading the firmware anyway. Then I would look at the pac module, since the same problem has been reported by people using the the pac who aren't using the tazer.
Agree.
Updated to the latest firmware last night.
‘I’ll try that for a day and see if symptoms persist.
Thanks

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine has been doing the same.. I've updated every time a new one comes out and still same issue.. Mine tho will drop volume as well like I hit the mute button, then come back up on it's own..

Hoping to find a resolution soon.. It's super annoying!!

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Mine has been doing the same.. I've updated every time a new one comes out and still same issue.. Mine tho will drop volume as well like I hit the mute button, then come back up on it's own..

Hoping to find a resolution soon.. It's super annoying!!
7" or 8.4"?

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
8.4 for me as well.

I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards the Tazer as being the culprit.
At some point I will disconnect it to see if the problem persists.

I can't nail down a pattern of when the volume fluctuates consistently.
I do know that when I pull into a parking lot, I will usually lower the volume to be considerate of others. I realize not everyone wants to feel my bass, lol! After that, as I start to park, it has startled me many times by increasing the volume considerably! Same happens at stop lights occasionally.

I will try to pay better attention to the conditions of when it happens.
Sponsored