Radio volume

Sflip09

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Are there any mods to getting the radio volume louder? When the windows are down it’s difficult to hear the music. I don’t hear any difference in the volume from 26-38 (max). I have the 7” monitor w/o sub. I had a JL and don’t remember having this issue.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Are there any mods to getting the radio volume louder? When the windows are down it’s difficult to hear the music. I don’t hear any difference in the volume from 26-38 (max). I have the 7” monitor w/o sub. I had a JL and don’t remember having this issue.
There is a loudness setting in the audio menu. Also check out the option to have speed sensitive volume on 3.

OP
OP
Sflip09

Sflip09

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Loudness is on. I assumed the speed sensitive off would be better. I’ll try it on 3 tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you are bluetoothing music from your phone, then make sure your phone's volume is 100% up.

Mine has the 8.4" system, with the 9-speaker Alpine setup...It's loud as hell at volume level 30, even with all 4 windows down. :rock:

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Not sure why, but I have found that sometimes the volume after starting the Jeep isn't terribly high. I turn off the 8.4" display, then turn it back on (by pushing the volume knob) and all of a sudden the sound gets way louder and fuller.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Loudness is on. I assumed the speed sensitive off would be better. I’ll try it on 3 tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
I’m not an audio guru, but I have heard in the past that factory radios use tuning that protects the factory speakers at loud volumes. Basically, the speakers are crap and the radio has inadequate power. Inadequate power at high volumes causes distortion and for already crappy speakers that is a death sentence. As the volume knob gets turned up the radio cuts power to keep things kosher between it and the speakers.

Also, the “loudness” audio setting boosts low and high frequencies at low volume so music doesn’t sound anemic at low volume. Taking the idea I mentioned above, this would actually hurt your overall volume as the radio can’t hold that added power at higher volume and you run the risk of blowing a speaker.

NOW, what you can try is turning down the equalizer settings (bass, mids, and highs) before turning the radio up louder. With the lowered frequency settings you may get more volume at the expense of crappy sounding music. Flatter sounding, or dull, if you will. Otherwise, you need better speakers and an amp.

I’d go to a car audio store though because like I said, I ain’t no guru. I’m just regurgitating shit I’ve heard, read, and perceived from my own audio tinkering. :like::like:

Last edited:

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does the same thing...the volume basically stops increasing at ~23. I am pretty happy with the quality of the speakers overall, they just aren't loud enough with air noise from tops removed or windows down. I actually bought some cheapos off of Amazon to see if it would help but they didn't fit.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There is a loudness setting in the audio menu. Also check out the option to have speed sensitive volume on 3.
I would recommend turning that crap off. Just let it play sitting still or moving 80 MPH... Same volume...CRANKED WFO!

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
having same issues with 7” has anyone found a fix?
Sponsored