Rag top rear window- glass or plastic

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Does anyone know for certain if the rear window of the rag top version is made of glass or if it’s made of plastic? Love to know.

Hey Cassie from Bestop feel free to let us know what you know. Thanks much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
For everyone’s info I just called Jeep to confirm if the rear window would be made of glass or plastic. The guy had to put me on hold so he could check into it for me. He told me that it would be made of plastic. He then told me that Jeep would also have a glass option for this rag top rear window, no kidding.

So to double check things I then called Bestop since they will make these tag tops for Jeep. The guy I spoke with told me that he has seen one and that they are plastic, not glass. He felt that perhaps you could also put in glass but he has never seen that or heard about that.

I have seen many pictures of this rag top version and in some pictures it looks like a plastic rear window and in some pictures it looks like it could be a glass rear window.

I guess we may all just have to ask a dealership if they can order a rag top version with a glass rear window when they can finally order them. Really makes me wonder about the optional Mopar rear window storage bag. Why have such a bag for a plastic rear window that you can just roll up like a newspaper? Makes good sense that you would have such a bag to hold a glass rear window. For now I cross fingers and hope for a glass rear window. I would get a rag top version in a heartbeat if it had a glass rear window.

Hey Cassie from Bestop love to know what you know about this.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
For everyone’s info I just called Jeep to confirm if the rear window would be made of glass or plastic. The guy had to put me on hold so he could check into it for me. He told me that it would be made of plastic. He then told me that Jeep would also have a glass option for this rag top rear window, no kidding.

So to double check things I then called Bestop since they will make these tag tops for Jeep. The guy I spoke with told me that he has seen one and that they are plastic, not glass. He felt that perhaps you could also put in glass but he has never seen that or heard about that.

I have seen many pictures of this rag top version and in some pictures it looks like a plastic rear window and in some pictures it looks like it could be a glass rear window.

I guess we may all just have to ask a dealership if they can order a rag top version with a glass rear window when they can finally order them. Really makes me wonder about the optional Mopar rear window storage bag. Why have such a bag for a plastic rear window that you can just roll up like a newspaper? Makes good sense that you would have such a bag to hold a glass rear window. For now I cross fingers and hope for a glass rear window. I would get a rag top version in a heartbeat if it had a glass rear window.

Hey Cassie from Bestop love to know what you know about this.
I know you can get a window bag for the plastic windows on the JL as well. I hope they have the option of both personally I want it to be plastic, just for ease of storage and removal. I don't want to have to put it in the bed of the truck if its glass.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could stow a glass rear window in a bag in a vertical position all to way to the front of the bed of the truck? I don’t think that it is wider than the bed of the truck is. That way it would take up about one inch of bed space and you wouldn’t have to worry about anything else in the bed of the truck falling onto the glass if it was laid horizontally and breaking it.

It sure looks like it would fit there and in these pictures it also looks like this could have been a glass rear window that had been removed, possibly not a plastic window that had been removed, just my wild guess here folks.

6FFFC58F-5624-425F-9B5B-B56CB7F9CD17.jpeg

62C2082B-4C20-4A9E-AD80-488836D37371.jpeg

82430272-3A1D-4445-A240-847B581BB80E.jpeg
Sponsored