Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Unless you live within about 200 miles of Toledo, our Gladiators come by rail. This image shows the Union Pacific engine pulling auto rail cars coming from the east into Vaughn, New Mexico where my Gladiator will be unloaded, put on a truck and transported to Albuquerque, supposedly by July 11 after nearly five months. There are likely other Jeeps on these cars heading west from eastern New Mexico. Vaughn is a complex cross-road for BNSF and Union Pacific. The autos, and jeeps are stacked three high in each car. You can count the number that are potentially coming just by this train. There are at least 20 cars in this load, so hundreds of vehicles. The hold-up for me is the lack of trucks and/or drivers to off load the vehicles.

UnionPacific into Vaughn NM062722.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Fly to Ohio and drive home.
Yeah I tried that on my dealer, but no go. I have bought two Tacomas off lots in both Portland, OR, and Salt Lake City, UT and drove back to Albuquerque. In both cases wheeling in the Black Rock Desert and Canyonlands NP. That's gotta be the best way to buy and break-in a 4X4.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
There will be lots of happy people once the train arrives.
Sponsored