Sponsored

Raising Overland fenders to Rubicon height?

DesertGladiatorJT

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I have a Black overland and was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to raise the stock fenders to look like the rubicon fenders?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The only way that I could think of would involve a good body man and would likely be more expensive than the previously mentioned option of buying the rubicon fenders.

Sponsored

mattwiwa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The dealer is telling me that the Rubi's are not compatible with the overland due to the interior shielding pieces. Do y'all just throw out the shielding?

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer is telling me that the Rubi's are not compatible with the overland due to the interior shielding pieces. Do y'all just throw out the shielding?
If you buy rubicon fenders new it comes with the new inner fender liners. If you buy used make sure they include the inner fenders as well. Rubicon fenders can be mounted on any trim level if the inner fender liners are also installed from what I have read. I am waiting on a sport to be delivered and plan on doing this upgrade ASAP.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
If you buy rubicon fenders new it comes with the new inner fender liners. If you buy used make sure they include the inner fenders as well. Rubicon fenders can be mounted on any trim level if the inner fender liners are also installed from what I have read. I am waiting on a sport to be delivered and plan on doing this upgrade ASAP.
This... I bought the Rubi kit that included the wheel well shields. They are just bigger because the flares are bigger, but they will fit. Nothing special there.

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
This... I bought the Rubi kit that included the wheel well shields. They are just bigger because the flares are bigger, but they will fit. Nothing special there.
Is there a specific part number for this kit and does it also include all the mounting hardware?

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a specific part number for this kit and does it also include all the mounting hardware?
Mount points are the same. Quadratec has the kits listed with the part numbers. 4 different kits available (halogen or led and paintable or textured).

Reactions: DHP

Sponsored

mattwiwa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
After months of back and forth, they finally got this done...apparently perfectly compatible with no issues. Just incompatible in the computer system.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
After months of back and forth, they finally got this done...apparently perfectly compatible with no issues. Just incompatible in the computer system.
Do you mean the computer is not compatible with the LEDs in the fenders?

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
I'm looking to buy a set of Black painted Rubicon fenders and the liners. Rubicon fenders are not just taller, but they are wider. If you were able to lift the overland fenders the bottom would be higher off the steps and still narrower.