Raleigh/Durham/Cary Peeps…

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I am looking for someplace local-Ish to take my Rubicon to get dirty. I have been to Uwharrie, but it was a little intimidating… survived, but would like to find somewhere nearby that I could get some more experience. AND have adult supervision.

suggestions?
Sponsored

Shihzam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Financial Service Manager
Following....in Durham area and would like to at least get out of 2H LOL

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
I'm in Raleigh and its tough to find "legal" places to go these days. Even Uwharrie is on the verge of getting shut down. If you enjoy mud, Busco Beach down in Goldsboro may be your place. I hate mud and try to stay away from it. There is a fun ORV park down in South Carolina called the Gultches ORV park. You could give that a try. We are at the Outer Banks and Fort Fisher often... thats more our speed these days.

beach.jpg

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
We used to ride the power line trails off Kemp Rd in high school but that’s probably more frowned upon now than it was then.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Morning fellas. New to the JT club. Anyone have a go to shop for their aftermarket installation needs in the triangle?

Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Morning fellas. New to the JT club. Anyone have a go to shop for their aftermarket installation needs in the triangle?
If it's Jeep specific (so not a bolt on part), ReJeep up near Roxboro comes highly recommended. Greg is a good quality small shop and has deep knowledge on all Jeeps. Everything from spacers, lifts, regearing, fine tuning steering, etc.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
We used to ride the power line trails off Kemp Rd in high school but that’s probably more frowned upon now than it was then.
I live near Kemp Rd. Not sure it'll be legal to run that or not.

I haven't found anything around here. Occasionally, I'll drive on the gravel roads at Umstead State Park just to get out of 2WD for a bit. I tested out getting the rear lockers running in 4H. Not really that fun though.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
I'm in Raleigh and its tough to find "legal" places to go these days. Even Uwharrie is on the verge of getting shut down. If you enjoy mud, Busco Beach down in Goldsboro may be your place. I hate mud and try to stay away from it. There is a fun ORV park down in South Carolina called the Gultches ORV park. You could give that a try. We are at the Outer Banks and Fort Fisher often... thats more our speed these days.

Jeep Gladiator Raleigh/Durham/Cary Peeps… beach

I haven't anything about URE possibly getting shut down. What's the "driving" factor?

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
I haven't anything about URE possibly getting shut down. What's the "driving" factor?
It starts talking about just shutting down the Rocky Mountain Loop in this link:
https://nc4x4.com/forum/threads/uwharrie-kodak-update.192353/

I'll have to find another link posting about where it's become a bigger deal in the recent months. I can't seem to find it currently. Driving factor is the Forestry Service is claiming un-natural decay of the mountain due to Off Road Vehicles.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
If it's Jeep specific (so not a bolt on part), ReJeep up near Roxboro comes highly recommended. Greg is a good quality small shop and has deep knowledge on all Jeeps. Everything from spacers, lifts, regearing, fine tuning steering, etc.
Greatly appreciate the info. I'll check his shop out. Thanks!
Sponsored