Sponsored

Random Chime (*dinggg*) while driving...

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know of the various reasons why you hear here a random chime while driving. My past experience with my previous jeeps has been when the temperature dropped below freezing, I would hear a little *ding*, or maybe when my TPMS was noticing an under-inflated tire. But today my car chimed on 3 separate occasions and my tires are inflated and it was 50 degrees out. Maybe it was because it was very cloudy and it was a reminder to turn on headlights? Not sure, curious to hear your feedback. Nothing has illuminated on the dash.
Sponsored

Froadin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon - Mine, 2020 JT Rubicon - Wife's
Favorite song/artist on your radio? Top left corner of the screen if you have the 8.4"

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you have Voice Command turned off and are accidentally thumbing the button on left side of steering wheel, that could be your DING.

OP
OP
mbbq22

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thats interesting. I have the 7" uconnect and to date, although I've saved some favorite artists/songs, I'm yet to see anything actually pop up on the screen... haha The odd charm of our jeeps ;)

Froadin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon - Mine, 2020 JT Rubicon - Wife's
It doesn't pop up like on my 2015 JK.
It is only a small line of info at the top left of the screen. It is really easy to miss actually.
But I don't know how the 7" and 8.4" differ. Especially for alerts like this.

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Yea, mine dings for favorite artist... drives the wife crazy... hear that????

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Do you have blind spot monitoring? Mine liked to ding at me before I turned the audible portion off in the settings. Apparently, I don't allow enough room when I change lanes after passing someone.

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Does anyone know of the various reasons why you hear here a random chime while driving. My past experience with my previous jeeps has been when the temperature dropped below freezing, I would hear a little *ding*, or maybe when my TPMS was noticing an under-inflated tire. But today my car chimed on 3 separate occasions and my tires are inflated and it was 50 degrees out. Maybe it was because it was very cloudy and it was a reminder to turn on headlights? Not sure, curious to hear your feedback. Nothing has illuminated on the dash.
Check to see if you have your turn signal on. If you leave it on and do not turn it off, you will hear a ding or some may call it a chime.

Sponsored

Wolfzgrrl

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Intense Blue 4.0L Wrangle Sport-2 door
I have noticed that if I am slowing down with feet on the brake and clutch that if I downshift, I will get a *ding* and a VERY quick message that engine is not ready for ## gear. Or something very similar to that, as I said VERY quick dash message. (2020 Gladiator-Ruby)

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have noticed that if I am slowing down with feet on the brake and clutch that if I downshift, I will get a *ding* and a VERY quick message that engine is not ready for ## gear. Or something very similar to that, as I said VERY quick dash message. (2020 Gladiator-Ruby)
I get the same one from time to time drove me nuts couldn’t figure out what it was for weeks, I thought it was a seatbelt sensor or something. The aggressive shifting where it happens my eyes would be on the road not the warning on the dash.

when I downshift from 4th to 2nd as I enter the rotary at high speed after a quick slowdown. It occurs because I slightly bump the shifter up towards 1st in a hair of over travel heading to 2nd. Not close enough to come anywhere near engaging. But it goes off if the shifter is a millimeter north of center.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I get the same one from time to time drove me nuts couldn’t figure out what it was for weeks, I thought it was a seatbelt sensor or something. The aggressive shifting where it happens my eyes would be on the road not the warning on the dash.

when I downshift from 4th to 2nd as I enter the rotary at high speed after a quick slowdown. It occurs because I slightly bump the shifter up towards 1st in a hair of over travel heading to 2nd. Not close enough to come anywhere near engaging. But it goes off if the shifter is a millimeter north of center.
There's a dash warning message and a chime? What I've found is that you can't downshift when Jeep thinks revs are too high. The shift lever is physically blocked. At least down in first, which is where I occasionally experience it.

Flying J

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Check to see if you have your turn signal on. If you leave it on and do not turn it off, you will hear a ding or some may call it a chime.
I drove with my turn signal on to see what would happen. Cool!

OP
OP
mbbq22

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
After some testing, I think I figured it out. It is indeed happening when I downshift, mostly into 2nd. The chime goes off even before I let off the clutch. Just down-shifting, clutch still engaged until I slow enough to disengage and the chime goes off. Interesting, never had a vehicle that did that before.
Sponsored