Sponsored

random noise from right front wheel area ( video )

JEEP_jt_Ssang

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
doctor

Anyone else have a random pulsing noise coming from the right front like this?

It's 2020 JT and I get JT on this Nov. 13.

This noise occurs at random times and for a short period of seconds when drive slowly.
When driving down the road, I get a loud pulsing noise from the right front.
Speed change does no affect it, turning does not affect it, braking does not affect it.

Anyone knows which part have problem?

Thanks
Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
It sounds like a Walrus dying under your Jeep. It sounds like it could be an issue with the font axle disconnect which is on the passenger side.

What happens if you put it in 4 wheel high? Does the sound go away?

OP
OP
JEEP_jt_Ssang

JEEP_jt_Ssang

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
doctor
It sounds like a Walrus dying under your Jeep. It sounds like it could be an issue with the font axle disconnect which is on the passenger side.

When 4 wheel high, it's disappeared.

And when turning left with maximum steering angle, and then sounds occur loudly when I drive with backward gear.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Ok. I listened to the noise a few times. It definitely kind of sounds like maybe the axle shaft rubbing the fad collar..

It might be worth it to unbolt the fad box behind the axle to inspect it, it bring it to the dealer.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You probably need to check the "FAD" it may not be fully connecting or disconnecting. The "front axle disconnect" FAD system has been problematic in the past when it was know as "CAD" center axle disconnect but done to assist with getting better fuel mileage.
Being the short time you've had it the dealership should be first to deal with it.

Sponsored

Achenxx8

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Any updates on your case?
Mine is a 2021 Rubicon and I started to have the same noise coming from the front today. Sadly.. will be going to the dealer next week

Suburban Mojave

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

Anyone else have a random pulsing noise coming from the right front like this?

It's 2020 JT and I get JT on this Nov. 13.

This noise occurs at random times and for a short period of seconds when drive slowly.
When driving down the road, I get a loud pulsing noise from the right front.
Speed change does no affect it, turning does not affect it, braking does not affect it.

Anyone knows which part have problem?

Thanks
Did you ever get this resolved?
I have a 2021 Mojave and getting exactly the same sound.
Dealer seem to think its brake caliper but I'm not convinced that is what it is.
Just want to explore all resolutions before they start randomly replacing parts.
Thanks in advance.
Ryan.

cayman42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had the same noise, This is what I did.

I have a 2021 Mojave with 1100 miles with the same issue, rubbing and grinding.
I took it in to the dealer and they said there going to replace the intermediate shaft.
The only problem is the shaft is on national backorder so they don't know when there getting the part. Maybe 1-3 months, I was so pissed off after spending close to 60K all in.
I then did some research and found out a lot of people are having this problem.
I wasn't going to wait for them, I found the Bushing (Mopar part # 05252686) and replaced it on the shaft and greased it up myself. I drove the truck 100+ miles today and no more rubbing or grinding. So far so good.

Tazzy

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Parts pro

I took it in to the dealer and they said there going to replace the intermediate shaft.
The only problem is the shaft is on national backorder so they don't know when there getting the part. Maybe 1-3 months, I was so pissed off after spending close to 60K all in.
I wasn't going to wait for them, I found the Bushing (Mopar part # 05252686) and replaced it on the shaft and greased it up myself. I drove the truck 100+ miles today and no more rubbing or grinding. So far so good.
How hard was it to replace? I have the same jeep

Sponsored

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
So I myself have a front end noise. It started occurring with only 2500 miles as a squeaking or creaking noise from what sounded like the front right side. It almost sounded like a caliper sticking. After taking it to the dealership and having both calipers and brakes replaced. As soon as I drove off the lot, the same problem existed. I continued driving it to see if the problem would progressively get worse. Eventually it turned to a “tire rub” or “ABS” noise at higher speeds. Long story, I took my jeep back to the dealer this week (6500 miles) and what they found was that the plastic bushing in the electronic 4WD is improperly wearing. There are dozens of STAR cases that jeep knows about, however it doesn’t come up as a TSB when searched for.
Jeep Gladiator random noise from right front wheel area ( video ) 9C86DF0E-C77E-4E1A-BEDD-D9559AF83A18
Jeep Gladiator random noise from right front wheel area ( video ) CE189909-C62F-4EDE-8494-6B315674A848
Jeep Gladiator random noise from right front wheel area ( video ) E096198D-DEF1-4C08-BBA0-6BECDEE40752

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport

Damn, thanks for the info. I’m also wondering how difficult it was to replace

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase

Not trying to be funny during an unfortunate situation and it hope he gets his issue fixed and taken care of. But, Walrus?! 😂
Sponsored