Sponsored

Ranger VelociRaptor

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Why? Why? Why?

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It will hold a ton of plywood
Stop looking at that damn thing! Remember your Jeep build? It's got plywood notch and a place for two by sixes that will create little boxes for stuff in the bed under the plywood!

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm a Ford guy and a fan of Hennessey, so I was pretty excited to see this. I went from "Oh hell yeah" to "Meh, pass" in about 30 seconds. It doesn't seem like you are getting 30k worth of stuff.

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
I'm a Ford guy and a fan of Hennessey, so I was pretty excited to see this. I went from "Oh hell yeah" to "Meh, pass" in about 30 seconds. It doesn't seem like you are getting 30k worth of stuff.
Yea only making 500 of these and that’s why the 65k price tag. It’s super high. Not enough performance upgrades to justfy the cool body/lift kit wheels and tires.

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yea only making 500 of these and that’s why the 65k price tag. It’s super high. Not enough performance upgrades to justfy the cool body/lift kit wheels and tires.
To me, it feels like they are just targeting collectors and those that will buy anything Hennessey. I'm surprised they even messed with it considering an update is not that far off, but I guess it was one of those "We can, so we did."

Sponsored

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
To me, it feels like they are just targeting collectors and those that will buy anything Hennessey. I'm surprised they even messed with it considering an update is not that far off, but I guess it was one of those "We can, so we did."
Pretty much. There are so many raptor fanatics pissed and upset the ranger raptor isn’t here yet that they will prolly sell the farm to get one. I’m sure all 500 will be spoken for in a month tops. It’s cool, but you can get the real raptor for the same price.

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just saw this video from TFL

5 Star Tuning got similar numbers from just a tune. Everything else stock. Makes that 65k price even more ridiculous.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Just saw this video from TFL

5 Star Tuning got similar numbers from just a tune. Everything else stock. Makes that 65k price even more ridiculous.
Yea, "no big deal," nah kidding ! I saw at TFL too and immediately thought about my post on the 3.6-Pentastar Thread !
My biggest complaint about the JT Sport S (at 4625 lbs.) over the JLU Sport S (at 4215 lbs.) -- both with the 3.6/Auto 8spd.; is the 410 pound elephant in the room ! Now, my current 2016 3.6/auto G.C. Laredo 4X4 comes in at = to JT (~4625).
the G.C. being More Aerodynamic & an 18/25 mpg rating, is "disappointing" in "On-Ramp Performance and other situations requiring a quick boost of energy transferred to the wheels ! Use your imagination !? SO, I now more than ever "feel" the JT is gonna be worse in this Category, with the SAME HP and torque as my G.C. & the JLU's ! JEEP needs to 'RETUNE' THE JT to (at least) 295hp and whatever added torque that will bring ! apparently they can not (or will not) up it to the same as the DT (305hp) !? SO, if/when I get a JT/JLU I WILL be looking into THIS product and others to get the desired performance, as long as I can have my cake & eat it too ! Meaning keep the mpg's close or improved with the modest additional 10hp ! Let the Research Begin !

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yea, "no big deal," nah kidding ! I saw at TFL too and immediately thought about my post on the 3.6-Pentastar Thread !
My biggest complaint about the JT Sport S (at 4625 lbs.) over the JLU Sport S (at 4215 lbs.) -- both with the 3.6/Auto 8spd.; is the 410 pound elephant in the room ! Now, my current 2016 3.6/auto G.C. Laredo 4X4 comes in at = to JT (~4625).
the G.C. being More Aerodynamic & an 18/25 mpg rating, is "disappointing" in "On-Ramp Performance and other situations requiring a quick boost of energy transferred to the wheels ! Use your imagination !? SO, I now more than ever "feel" the JT is gonna be worse in this Category, with the SAME HP and torque as my G.C. & the JLU's ! JEEP needs to 'RETUNE' THE JT to (at least) 295hp and whatever added torque that will bring ! apparently they can not (or will not) up it to the same as the DT (305hp) !? SO, if/when I get a JT/JLU I WILL be looking into THIS product and others to get the desired performance, as long as I can have my cake & eat it too ! Meaning keep the mpg's close or improved with the modest additional 10hp ! Let the Research Begin !
You're right Lou.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
You're right Lou.
THANKS . . . I DON'T OFTEN GET A SHORT & TO THE POINT REPLY . ps; thanks for not mentioning how added plywood would skew the equation, shhhh.
Sponsored