Sponsored

Rausch Creek, PA – Jan. 31 – Feb. 2

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Expedition JT and I went to Rauch Creek, PA over the weekend—actually starting on Friday.

Here are the two Gladis above our camp waiting to wheel. Expedition JT’s is a stock Rubi mine is the same with a 3” lift and 35s.

FSQUrOj.jpg

Expedition JT following me down a moderate blue trail.

2mWXZDT.jpg

Playing:

AQGzGod.jpg

Climbing:

X962eUA.jpg

Fording:

WzL2nur.jpg

We went a ways into Topless for Tatas, but eventually turned around because it was too tight for comfort. Just didn’t want to risk a tree ripping something off as we slipped through the muck.

j72pVxp.jpg

U5dsqhs.jpg

A couple of video links:

https://imgur.com/mYUq0sq

https://imgur.com/CCqjYcx

Expedition JT may have some more Pics.
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Looks like you guys had fun. Was thinking about you when I was idling around the camp trails on Saturday and it started to rain.

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alan it was nice meeting you again and I see future trips to come.
Likewise Gary. It was nice meeting you and enjoyed the awesome company. Let's do it again soon. I'm just sayin', the waitress is mine! Just kidding.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting pics!!!!! Looks like a good day. Sure beats my weekend...dry walling and painting the living room.

Sponsored

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Looks like you guys had a fun time. The more I see the softopper... the more I want one. Looks great. Do you use it for camping? Whats the rear set up look like?

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you guys had a fun time. The more I see the softopper... the more I want one. Looks great. Do you use it for camping? Whats the rear set up look like?
Thanks. I just filled it up with camping gear, and put up a tent.

teckademics67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR, KLTH, CJ, JTR
Thanks. I just filled it up with camping gear, and put up a tent.
Mind if I ask what wheels and tires you did? I'm looking to order the exact same wheels and tire combo for mine. Being from PA I'm trying to keep the tires tucked under the fenders as close as possible and yours seems to be pretty clean

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mind if I ask what wheels and tires you did? I'm looking to order the exact same wheels and tire combo for mine. Being from PA I'm trying to keep the tires tucked under the fenders as close as possible and yours seems to be pretty clean
The wheels are: American Racing AR172 Baja Satin Black Wheels (17x9”; 5x127mm; -12mm offset; 4.53” backspacing; 26.4 lbs). They’re fairly light compared to many models. They are pretty cheap too:
https://www.amazon.com/American-Racing-AR172-5x127mm-offset/dp/B016NUSVWY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=American+Racing+AR172+Baja+Satin+Black+Wheels+17x9%22%3B+5x127mm&qid=1576259712&sr=8-1

If you enter your vehicle type in Amazon, it will say after a warning sign: “This does not fit your: 2020 Jeep Gladiator.” That is incorrect. I checked directly with American Racing before ordering them.

The tires are 35” Cooper STT Pros (STT LT315/70R17). I have had these on three vehicle, and won’t put anything else on a truck or SUV anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Discoverer-All-Terrain-Radial-Tire/dp/B017XTV8C4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Cooper+Discoverer+STT+LT315%2F70R17&qid=1571888860&sr=8-1 (right now, Amazon only has one in stock, but lots of companies sell them).

With that configuration, they do stick out a bit, but I like that because: (1) it feels, and likely is a bit, more stable on turns; and (2) there’s no chance of rubbing, especially if you go with bigger spring or shocks or whatever.

admlGpE.jpg

bg0DCcK.jpg

Hope that helps.

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
This is a beautiful suspension set up. I prefer to have the tires tucked up with factory rims myself. His Jeep is defiantly wider and tired stick out what a good 2 inches, Alan?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a beautiful suspension set up. I prefer to have the tires tucked up with factory rims myself. His Jeep is defiantly wider and tired stick out what a good 2 inches, Alan?
I had never measured it, but just did. It's three inches. But I think most 35s may rub if you tuck them in too much more. But I haven't tried it. Does anyone know the backspacing/offset of the factory Rubi rims? I could never find that anywhere.

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
Is it really? A quarter of your tire sticks out then. I just hate how that would throw so much mud on the Jeep. Looks good tho!

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really? A quarter of your tire sticks out then. I just hate how that would throw so much mud on the Jeep. Looks good tho!
Yeah, but it's reciprocal. Tires throws mud on the side. But wait for the next rainstorm, and drive through it at 70 mph, and the tires throw clean water up there and wash it off. After our wheeling trip, I did just that, and it looked like I had had it detailed, it was so clean.