RCI Bed Rack Mod: Under rack table mount

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
I need the engineering genius of the overland/Jeep community to solve a dilemma. Front Runner makes an under rack table mount for their roof racks. I want to do something similar with my RCI bed rack (and I don't want to pay FR prices). Here's the question, what can I fabricate that would do the same thing? The budget is $100. The table is a Rubbermaid folding table and the flat folded dimensions are 27"W x 30"L x 2.5"H. The bed rack has slots for carriage bolts so you can pretty much bolt anything on.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Also, if this has been done, just let me know what to search as I have exhausted my ideas on keywords that might drum up a result.

Jeep Gladiator RCI Bed Rack Mod: Under rack table mount {filename}
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
:idea: Bungee cords! :like::CWL:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Flat bar bent into "C" shapes at each corner bolted to the underside of the rack. Add a hook or slot on the bottom of the rear two "C"s and a strap from upper bolt that hooks to the bottom to keep the table in place? You can probably get everything you need at HD for under $50.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Aluminum c-channel running front to back. Insert the table into the channels much like the FR design and you're good to go. You'll just need some spacers to suspend it below the RCI rack and I'd recommend a healthy size helping of loctite with some acorn nuts to prevent damage to the table when you slide it in.

OP
OP
HeyYoSchmitty

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
These are good ideas. Especially acorn nuts to keep it from scuffing! I’m going to piece it together. I’ll post the completed project.
Sponsored