Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Like a lot of us, I joined Tread Lightly to get an additional 1% off of invoice. My truck came in a record 16 days (including 2 weekends) from ordering and I had to wait until my 30 days was up. No biggie. I called them Friday to get my control number and they said I would need to sign up for their website and they would issue it there. There is no "new user/signup" part of their new website, you have to put in your email and click "forgot password." Nothing ever came (checked my spam folder). So 9 Am Monday morning when they opened back up I called again. They said they were experiencing server difficulties and things were being delayed. I asked by how long and she said usually no more than 24 hours. I went on the the dealer and hoped he could do something but no luck. I spent all day at the dealership and had been dropped off there. I thought I was going to have to get an Uber home or ask someone at the dealership but he let me take my truck with a dealer plate for the night. I told him I'd be back after work today to finish paperwork.

Fast forward to this morning and still no email or FCA control number. I've called and there's just nothing they can do. "The new website won't let us generate FCA control numbers anymore, sorry for your inconvenience." I paid $100 to join to save $500 on the vehicle and at this point just wish I'd payed more for the truck. I like the idea of what this group does and had even considered remaining a member just because they clean up trails and wilderness land. Now I regret ever joining and want my $100 back. Just a warning for anyone hoping to get an additional 1% off of invoice, you may be waiting a while.
Sponsored

acyuncw

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
That's strange - I signed up on March 22nd and got an email from Tread Lightly 4 days later with their affiliate number. It said I had to wait 30 days but I immediately went to the FCA Affiliates page and it let me generate the control number right away... Did you get your membership email? If so, take their # and go to http://fcausaffiliates.com/ Hope it works out for you.

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
I got my code 10 days later i signed up for it. That sucks thou, is there anyway the dealer can wait some time until you get your code?

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
That's strange - I signed up on March 22nd and got an email from Tread Lightly 4 days later with their affiliate number. It said I had to wait 30 days but I immediately went to the FCA Affiliates page and it let me generate the control number right away... Did you get your membership email? If so, take their # and go to http://fcausaffiliates.com/ Hope it works out for you.
I got their membership email, the issue is their new (as of last week) site is problematic and won’t issue codes. They said it would be here within 24 hours at the latest but that was 9 AM yesterday. Who launches a site without testing to see that it works? Very frustrating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I don’t do social media but I’d be all over their Facebook, Twitter, Instrogram, Friendo or whatever else they are on if I was.

Last edited:

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
I'm having the exact same issue with the FCA website.
Weird...I did not have to get the control number at all from Tread Lightly..the salesman handled it all for me. I just had to provide him with a copy of my tread lightly membership confirmation letter.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Weird...I did not have to get the control number at all from Tread Lightly..the salesman handled it all for me. I just had to provide him with a copy of my tread lightly membership confirmation letter.
Mine tried but the website won’t generate a control number for him.

DStaelens

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Programmer
Tread lightly supplies the company code in an email, it's the FCA Affiliates website that is jacked up which isn't Tread Lightly themselves.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Tread lightly supplies the company code in an email, it's the FCA Affiliates website that is jacked up which isn't Tread Lightly themselves.
Correct, I misspoke. But the only people I can call about it is TL.

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I hope you can get that cleared up fast. I’d be upset too spending $100 to lose $500.00. Totally justified.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Jeep Gladiator REALLY frustrated with Tread Lightly/FCA affiliates website Screenshot_20210330-171828
I just signed up on their website. Email/ new password. They sent me a welcome email and then I got my fca code. I had to log in with my email and new password. Then punched the button that said get code. Code showed up. I took a screenshot of it and the an email came through to my spam. But it had the FCA code. Give that a shot.
See where it says sign up? Right there. It worked for me

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Tried that yesterday but if it just worked for you... Dropping what I’m doing and trying that again now!

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2021 Jeep JTR (on-order)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Jeep Gladiator REALLY frustrated with Tread Lightly/FCA affiliates website Screenshot_20210330-171828
I just signed up on their website. Email/ new password. They sent me a welcome email and then I got my fca code. I had to log in with my email and new password. Then punched the button that said get code. Code showed up. I took a screenshot of it and the an email came through to my spam. But it had the FCA code. Give that a shot.
See where it says sign up? Right there. It worked for me
Probably a dumb question but what do you put in for your company code when you are making an account? Your tread lightly membership number?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I
Probably a dumb question but what do you put in for your company code when you are making an account? Your tread lightly membership number?
I Believe I put in the control number I was given by Tread Lightly. Slight case of CRS
Sponsored