First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
You may recall my post on the rear seat delete a couple of weeks ago and now we are finally moving to address the bed in my overland build...

I had a very specific idea in mind in my layout as I wanted my fridge to sit on the bed floor and not need to have it on rails to pull out. My Alu-Cab canopy has hinged doors on all sides which makes access a breeze.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any manufacturer that had a drawer system in the size I was looking for....I eventually ran across Truck Vault (www.truckvault.com). They sell primarily to law enforcement and the military but also to us civilians.....AND more importantly, they can easily customize and drawer configuration you can think of....I emailed them my specs and they got back to me within a day with CAD drawings and a quote! Now the price is what you would expect to pay for a top of the line drawer system but I was able to utilize every square inch of space which is a big plus..

Here are some pictures..
Jeep Gladiator Rear bed custom drawer! 1BF5BFCD-B10E-4EA0-B684-887968054162
Jeep Gladiator Rear bed custom drawer! AD9D3BBB-CD9D-4C84-8F14-E20347164CD0
Jeep Gladiator Rear bed custom drawer! D924F6A8-2061-41BB-B4F7-05DBFA9B5F8D
Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
In the middle picture you see one of the 4 horizontal dividers that were included as well as 2 longitudinal ones. I won’t need them all so I’m going to use the dividers to fill in the left side and make a hinged storage area there.

The front of the bed will be for the Frontrunner water tank that I am still waiting on and the space in front of the fridge will be for the second battery...

The drawer included a Kaba high security lock which is very well made. No worries about anyone getting access...

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
What are the exterior and interior dimensions of the drawer? Is it made from wood or aluminum?

Why did you chose a custom drawer instead of something like the Alucab drawer system?

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
What are the exterior and interior dimensions of the drawer? Is it made from wood or aluminum?

Why did you chose a custom drawer instead of something like the Alucab drawer system?
All great questions and some of the many I asked when trying to find something that would work for us..

I’m attaching the CAD drawings with the dimensions on it. It is made from MDO. Keep in mind that this is for a system that will be protected from the elements with my Alu-Cab canopy. They can also make it in a different material that is designed to be used in an open bed. Check out their website for details. It comes with a lifetime warranty.

The reason I went with Truck Vault is they were the only company that was able to build a drawer to my dimensions. I really wanted the Alu-Cab drawers as we had used them in Africa and they are very well made but the sizes didn’t allow me to place our fridge on the bed floor without having a bunch of unused space on the sides.
Jeep Gladiator Rear bed custom drawer! 0BC317D1-00B1-4C14-AD47-0132A319F1C9

Reactions: aai

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You may recall my post on the rear seat delete a couple of weeks ago and now we are finally moving to address the bed in my overland build...

I had a very specific idea in mind in my layout as I wanted my fridge to sit on the bed floor and not need to have it on rails to pull out. My Alu-Cab canopy has hinged doors on all sides which makes access a breeze.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any manufacturer that had a drawer system in the size I was looking for....I eventually ran across Truck Vault (www.truckvault.com). They sell primarily to law enforcement and the military but also to us civilians.....AND more importantly, they can easily customize and drawer configuration you can think of....I emailed them my specs and they got back to me within a day with CAD drawings and a quote! Now the price is what you would expect to pay for a top of the line drawer system but I was able to utilize every square inch of space which is a big plus..

Here are some pictures..
Nice heavy duty drawer! Is it water proof without the topper?

Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Nice heavy duty drawer! Is it water proof without the topper?
No, not this one but they do make a version that is 100% water proof for open beds.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've used a few of their products in the past. Really good and nice stuff thankful I wasn't the one footing the bill on them. But Tuffy has got a lot of my money.
Sponsored