Sponsored

Rear Dash Camera Mounting

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I have a dual-channel BlackVue that I absolutely love. Took it with me from the old car to the Jeep when I upgraded, but have yet to find a decent spot for the rear channel. Being that it's a soft top, I'm trying to find something that doesn't interfere with the removal of the top as I do that quite frequently. Needless to say, it isn't going well.

Most recent attempt was to put it above the rear view mirror and have it record the inside of the Jeep. Made for fun videos of bouncing around when on the trails, but outside that it doesn't do me much good. I'd have left it there except it's come off that spot three times now, presumably due to the type of plastic that's up there and the low contact surface of the camera mount. I did everything short of screwing it into the interior (even Gorilla Glue) and it still fell.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions on other places to put it? I've been looking at the truck all day today and nothing has looked viable enough. I would really like to have it record out the rear of the truck if possible (to catch traffic or accidents behind me) but I understand there are limitations here.
Sponsored