sg88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave; 2010 Wrangler Sahara
Hello, Please help!

In a prior post (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rear-parksense-retrofit.33254/) this question was asked but never answered:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE SYSTEM OR ARE IN THE KNOW, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE FACTORY PARKSENSE MODULE IS LOCATED?

I can see if the vehicle has both front and back sensors, the module sits in the front bumper on the right. But for only rear sensors (which I think is a thing), where is the module located?

I plan to add the rear parksense to my 2023 Gladiator Mojave when I install a new rear bumper (Rough Country tubular rear bumper https://www.roughcountry.com/product/jeep-tubular-rear-led-bumper-10647) which has the places drilled for Parksense sensors. I have acquired the wiring harness (Mopar part 68406683AD) which is very, very hard to find. The remaining components are easy to come by, but the module for rear park assist is one of the rare parts that is shown independently and not as a part of a location diagram (https://www.moparpart.com/oem-parts/mopar-parking-assist-module-4672769ae), there is no location diagram that I can find.

Since the proper wiring harness connects the sensors into the general body wiring harness, the module must sit remotely, maybe plugged into the green "star ports"? A company Infotainment makes an after-market system that utilizes a separate wiring harness altogether and places the module behind the glovebox. But their system does not use the native wiring harness and their unit includes a programing unit that is not necessary with the Tazer JL which I have so I am trying to create a more OEM system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Outback_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Civil Engineer
I think you are talking about the ones on the back of the tail lights. Remove the light and you will see a molded in location for them. I hope this is correct?

Others please correct me if wrong.

OP
OP

sg88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you are talking about the ones on the back of the tail lights. Remove the light and you will see a molded in location for them. I hope this is correct?

Others please correct me if wrong.
Maybe so...I thought those were only for the blind spot monitoring, but when I try to build a Gladiator on the Jeep website, I find that the "ParkSense" always comes with the blind spot monitoring.

Anyone else can confirm this, and if I add the modules to my tail lights without the special mirrors will the sensors still work on the bumper?

OP
OP

sg88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FOUND IT on the JL, probably the same location on the JT. It lives on the back of the driver side lower dash speaker pod:
see it at 05:33 on the following video

OP
OP

sg88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FOUND IT on the JL, probably the same location on the JT. It lives on the back of the driver side lower dash speaker pod:
see it at 05:33 on the following video
Actually finding that was a false alarm...When I searched the part number of the module from the video it came up on E-bay as park assist control module (https://www.ebay.com/itm/2248492980...6VxMVUFDQgFugtPnqciphiKUGn6Q|tkp:BFBM1MbNoKBj)
...but as I searched Mopar online parts sites to confirm I was not able to link to that part, and I believe that the module is really the network secure gateway control module, so my search for the location of the park sense module continues.

Sponsored

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
its located at the passenger rear, inside the jeep, not in the tail light cavity. you'll have to pull that plastic cover off back there to see where it mounts up. If you are wanting to mount your park assist module back there, more than likely, the studs won't be there. You can buy them from mopar though. I chose to mount mine in the front under the driver's dash to the backside of the canbus security module. I installed front park assist on my 2019 jeep and it made more sense to put it there.

According to the drawings, rear park assist harness goes from the rear drivers side bumper, behind the rear tail light penetration, up the drivers side to the front seats, across under the driver's seat, under the console, under the passenger seat, then back the passenger side to the module mounted in the passenger rear. :O

OP
OP

sg88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its located at the passenger rear, inside the jeep, not in the tail light cavity. you'll have to pull that plastic cover off back there to see where it mounts up. If you are wanting to mount your park assist module back there, more than likely, the studs won't be there. You can buy them from mopar though. I chose to mount mine in the front under the driver's dash to the backside of the canbus security module. I installed front park assist on my 2019 jeep and it made more sense to put it there.

According to the drawings, rear park assist harness goes from the rear drivers side bumper, behind the rear tail light penetration, up the drivers side to the front seats, across under the driver's seat, under the console, under the passenger seat, then back the passenger side to the module mounted in the passenger rear. :O
Thank you, and I finally found the details. I asked Crutchfield's technical department since they have looked at the electrical systems of almost every vehicle and are incredibly helpful if you are looking to upgrade your stereo. I have used them on a number of vehicles over several decades. In any case, as you note, the module for the rear park assist sits on the back wall of the the cabin of the gladiator on the passenger side. The nuts to attach the module to the studs that are there are available with the module itself. I have yet to have the chance to move my rear seat and pull off the back fascia to see if the connections are there in my body wiring harness, but I am thinking that they are not. Next step then will be to figure out how to build the connections as I am not a wiring guy and do not know the suppliers for the proper connectors. I have attached a few diagrams that show the location including off a vehicle that was being modified for something else but the module can be seen in the photo.
Jeep Gladiator Rear-only Park Sense Module Location interior wall gladiator rear PA

I will add more information and a parts list as I learn more.
Sponsored

Attachments