Sponsored

Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete)

JTJITSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Sexy DAN ! You do a sexy job ! ;). But this is different from what I'm wanting, NICE work for a do it yourself project ! I do not have the tools or space and frankly the "drive" to start & finish such a project . . . but I do have the technical design/drafting skills to hand off to a Fabricator of some kind . Not sure yet . . . but I'm leaning toward Maximizing the space and Minimizing the Framework ! Ideally, a Form-fitting floor of Fiberglass-composite; a "box" with a LID covered in Marine Grade Birch Plywood would be "perfect" ! Regardless, it will have Marine style hatch covers to access, probably, 2 separate compartments . It will be fully secured and hopefully I can find hatch covers that are lockable ! I'll include a small LIP around the covering, perhaps as much as an inch with securing rings (or other type?) around the perimeter for use of a cargo net .
Option #2 - and I bet you didn't see this coming (Steffen, ha) just a simple (?) LOW Platform upon which a large sized 'DU-HA' storage box is mounted ? I like the DU-HA, but there are others I could look at .
This souns like where Im leaning to also. The wood project above is AMAZING! However, I want something thats made out to HDPE and has the locking hatches. Ive found some 40 and/or 60 seat delete kits online for like 400-500 bucks. I think I could make something out of some sheets of Marine grade, black HDPE for much cheaper (Plus, who doesnt like a good DIY!?). I need it to give my dog a place to sit that isnt going to scratch up the leather and doent require making a blanket fort in the back seat! lol
Sponsored

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Thanks for posting . The way the rear seats fold up is terrible. Dont know why they couldn't fold tighter (my Dakota did that great).
I'm thinking on taking the 2/3 seat section off and leaving the single seat for my dog.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your work, write up and photos. I built mine similar to what you done. But slightly different and shorter. I left the tray in back. No hinges used I did drop in panels with finger holes to lift out, used 2 Lowe's door mats for covering. I should have cut the panels using a square and tape measure so that I could throw back in either direction top or bottom to. I left drive side in finished. I might cut back that side and re-install the single seat or have it so I can. First picture was as work in progress. I'll probably go back and make new longer brackets for the rear. If not, possibly redo it out of metal.

IMG_20200322_233154.jpg

IMG_20200325_131627.jpg

Last edited:

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
In my previously posted thread I explained how to remove the rear seats:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rear-seats-removal.22980/

In this thread I'll show you how I built a Rear Seat Platform that provides access to the storage containers on the floor as well as the bolts used to secure the platform to the Gladiator's floor (same bolts used to secure the Rear Seats to the floor).

Here's what the Rear Seat Platform looks like now (nearly done except for trimming of the mat on the Platform):
Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) IMG_20200325_131627

Lots of flat storage space!
This is for sure one of the first things I am doing. Looks great and will be great for the dogs.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I posted the revised platform cover - a floor mat I purchased at Lowe's...

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) Jeep Gladiator rear seat platform - 1

Passenger side panel up...
Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) Jeep Gladiator rear seat platform - 2

Passenger side both panels up - fully open...

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) Jeep Gladiator rear seat platform - 3

Close up of mat...

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) Jeep Gladiator rear seat platform - 4

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! I wish I could delete my rear seat and level a platform like that. Much better functionality. Plan to enclose the the base?

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! I wish I could delete my rear seat and level a platform like that. Much better functionality. Plan to enclose the the base?

Thanks! Not going to enclose the base - I can put a lot of additional stuff in/under there and remove it when the platform is packed on trips. There's all kinds of room in the footwells and under the front seats and I can access that from the back doors

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, thanks just wondering

Would it be to much pita to remove and reinstall the seats as needed?

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
This is amazing. Wish I had the skills to create this. Feel like building another one and selling it? :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is amazing. Wish I had the skills to create this. Feel like building another one and selling it? :)
No but if you were here I’d help you. You can do this just by following my build thread

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Paul, I PM'd you some info and pics from this thread. You can do it. Once you get the 6 brackets from Home Depot (see page 1 of this thread), you can bolt them in and start playing with your tape measure to figure out the dimensions of the frame. Before you know it you'll be done!

ldavenci

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fowlkesconsult.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Designer
Really Nice Job. I need my rears now but when the kids are gone...I'm there!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna give it a shot. I need room for a large dog crate. Thanks for detailing everything out so well.
Just remember it doesn't have to be perfect just good enough to do what you need. Looks be darned, it can be covered with a few cheap throw rugs or door mats.
Sponsored