Sponsored

Rear Shock Absorbers, Same Part Number, Different Suffix ... Help?

2021 Willys

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sahara, 2021 Willy Gladiator
Occupation
Retired US Government
I recently purchased some new (take off) FOX shock absorbers as an upgrade for
Jeep Gladiator Rear Shock Absorbers, Same Part Number, Different Suffix ... Help? 001
my Willys.. The rear shock numbers are the same part number, only the suffix is different ? 68341415AG, and the other is a 68341415AF.. both shocks look identical but the suffix numbers are different... are they specific to "left" and "right" hand side ? Any explanation would be appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Shock Absorbers, Same Part Number, Different Suffix ... Help? 004
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Suffix numbers on the end of the part number can mean a few things. Can mean the part changed suppliers, changed a manufacturing process and/or internal design change.

Generally, if the base part number stays the same and unless directed differently by service data, TSB or recall, mixing different suffix part number parts is consider "Fit, Form and Function" interchangeable.

In a manufacturing environment, not uncommon to just use previous revision parts until stock is used up and then cut in the new revision later suffix part number.

I would not sweat it. If they were position depended other than front/rear, the base part number would be different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2021 Willys

2021 Willys

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sahara, 2021 Willy Gladiator
Occupation
Retired US Government
Suffix numbers on the end of the part number can mean a few things. Can mean the part changed suppliers, changed a manufacturing process and/or internal design change.

Generally, if the base part number stays the same and unless directed differently by service date, TSB or recall, mixing different suffix part number parts is consider "Fit, Form and Function" interchangeable.

In a manufacturing environment, not uncommon to just use previous revision parts until stock is used up and then cut in the new revision later suffix part number.

I would not sweat it. If they were position depended other than front/rear, the base part number would be different.
Thank you for the information. I did install the rear shocks yesterday with absolutely no issues... The biggest "stressor" was wondering about the suffix data...

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg
Sponsored