First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Hey guys. I am doing some speaker amp wiring and installing some killmat in the Gladiator this week. Does anyone know how to remove the rear panel that sits vertically along the back wall of the tub? I have no Bluetooth speaker and no subwoofer. Thanks!
Sponsored

AzgreyJT

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Hey guys. I am doing some speaker amp wiring and installing some killmat in the Gladiator this week. Does anyone know how to remove the rear panel that sits vertically along the back wall of the tub? I have no Bluetooth speaker and no subwoofer. Thanks!
Its not fun. Literally just got done doing it this weekend.

Youll want to remove rear seats. Also the floor tray, that was the only way i could do it, and only has a few nuts securing. The back panel is secured via clips to the top of the floor tray, and on sides, and in middle and 4 along top. The floor tray goes up and behind it, but once unscrewed, you can pull the tray forward a bit to pop a couple of the lower back panel fasteners. Then using a tool pry the panel comes free of the floor tray easily.

Best of luck, hope this helps.

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Its not fun. Literally just got done doing it this weekend.

Youll want to remove rear seats. Also the floor tray, that was the only way i could do it, and only has a few nuts securing. The back panel is secured via clips to the top of the floor tray, and on sides, and in middle and 4 along top. The floor tray goes up and behind it, but once unscrewed, you can pull the tray forward a bit to pop a couple of the lower back panel fasteners. Then using a tool pry the panel comes free of the floor tray easily.

Best of luck, hope this helps.
I have everything removed except that little floor cubby under it and then the panel itself. Will give it another go tomorrow. Thank you for the insight!

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have been thinking of installing my micro mobile behind the seat, You did not notice if there was a wire loom back there did you? I do not have the Bluetooth speaker but was wondering if there was a loom for it in the jeep.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I have been thinking of installing my micro mobile behind the seat, You did not notice if there was a wire loom back there did you? I do not have the Bluetooth speaker but was wondering if there was a loom for it in the jeep.
Im curious about this as well. Had been considering stashing a compressor back there. Going to keep an eye on this thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Im curious about this as well. Had been considering stashing a compressor back there. Going to keep an eye on this thread.
It’s a pain in the ass and I cracked the back panel. Proceed with caution....

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
There are some wires back there going to various modules. Non premium audio as well

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
I would like to know how to remove the side panel that holds the rear seat belt area. My passenger's side panel somehow popped out from where it belongs, but I can't see enough to remove and re-install......Anyone know how this panel is held in so I can remove it?

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Don’t Do It Dood!!! Well, maybe do it.

The clips at the top go through the back wall of the cab. In my case the plastic stanchions at the top of the panel all broke. I used trim tools. I pulled straight back and applied finesse. They still broke. I even tried going in with needle-nose pliers to loosen up the clips. So far the Jeep has been pretty good about clips/trim that come apart and go back together well, unlike the old TJs which were brittle crap. These 6 clips are the exception. Once several were broken I pretty much stopped caring and pulled the rest out so I could get to all the broken bits. What a PITA. I officially hate E bolts.

In my case I was left with several metal clips in the back wall of the cab that fell though into the void. That should make for a nice rattle down the road.

Rather than replace the panel ($250 here: https://store.mopar.com/v-2021-jeep...s-pillar-cowl-1-4-panel-trim-and-cargo-covers)
I put some weather stripping along the back so it wouldn’t rattle. We’ll see how this Jerry rig works. I may have to replace it at some point.

Pollyfilled and RTV sealed the POS Alpine? Subwoofer and some more weather stripping on the sub box where the grid from the back panel liked to vibrate against the box.

Testing:

The weather stripping on the back wall of the cab seems to work. Even without the upper clips, the panel seems fairly solid. So break away folks.

As for the sub… seems a bit less boomy. No rattles. Seems to handle more bass on the eq. It’s not a bad mod, but I’m not sure I’d make it a priority. I’ll do the sound bar next.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Trim Removal 8996E9F7-DB55-42DA-95F4-F40C44EFEDA4

Jeep Gladiator Rear Trim Removal 9C64F011-2916-481B-8F16-727310BA6EA2

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Don’t Do It Dood!!! Well, maybe do it.

The clips at the top go through the back wall of the cab. In my case the plastic stanchions at the top of the panel all broke. I used trim tools. I pulled straight back and applied finesse. They still broke. I even tried going in with needle-nose pliers to loosen up the clips. So far the Jeep has been pretty good about clips/trim that come apart and go back together well, unlike the old TJs which were brittle crap. These 6 clips are the exception. Once several were broken I pretty much stopped caring and pulled the rest out so I could get to all the broken bits. What a PITA. I officially hate E bolts.

In my case I was left with several metal clips in the back wall of the cab that fell though into the void. That should make for a nice rattle down the road.

Rather than replace the panel ($250 here: https://store.mopar.com/v-2021-jeep...s-pillar-cowl-1-4-panel-trim-and-cargo-covers)
I put some weather stripping along the back so it wouldn’t rattle. We’ll see how this Jerry rig works. I may have to replace it at some point.

Pollyfilled and RTV sealed the POS Alpine? Subwoofer and some more weather stripping on the sub box where the grid from the back panel liked to vibrate against the box.

Testing:

The weather stripping on the back wall of the cab seems to work. Even without the upper clips, the panel seems fairly solid. So break away folks.

As for the sub… seems a bit less boomy. No rattles. Seems to handle more bass on the eq. It’s not a bad mod, but I’m not sure I’d make it a priority. I’ll do the sound bar next.

Can confirm, eff that effing panel. TO HELL. I broke 5 of 6.

What size weather stripping did you use? Did you put it on the top, so it contacts the lip below the rear top, or on the edge, so it contacts the back wall where the clips were? I might try to epoxy mine back together. None of them fell down, they just stayed in there while the panel broke off.

Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Can confirm, eff that effing panel. TO HELL. I broke 5 of 6.

What size weather stripping did you use? Did you put it on the top, so it contacts the lip below the rear top, or on the edge, so it contacts the back wall where the clips were? I might try to epoxy mine back together. None of them fell down, they just stayed in there while the panel broke off.
I can’t remember honestly. It was some self adhesive rubber/foam stuff like you’d get from Lowes for doors. I just put it where I thought there’d be contact. I’ve never noticed any rattling since putting it together.

I also added some rubber tubing between the sub grill and the sub box. You can technically do that without taking things apart. That grill rattled for me, YMMV. I used the same tubing that I used to fill the gaps on the fender flares. That mod, by the way is great as it keeps rocks and debris out of the crack between the flare and the body. The leftover tubing is my go to rattle stop as well.

Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal – .276” Outside Diameter, .206” Inside Diameter, 25’ Length – Closed Cell EPDM Foam Tubing – Ideal Door and Window Weather Seal for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Boats, and the Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4DI2E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VRJ7G4DW7WJDGJREXVDT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

cj8scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR MT Sarge Green
Jeep Gladiator Rear Trim Removal 20220329_181844

Here's how they generally broke for me:

Jeep Gladiator Rear Trim Removal 20220329_181844
Thanks for the pics. Does the body meet at top of the fins pictured? Looks like it would be tough to slip something in from this side. Does the other side have better access?
Sponsored