Rebate gone

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
$2000 rebate gone. Looks like it hasn't been replaced with anything. That sucks. I ordered my jeep in middle of January. Dealer told me I could pay 6 percent under invoice plus whatever incentives were available when I get it. I tried to buy it yesterday, but he said I couldn't since my Jeep doesn't have a sticker yet. At this rate though, my jeep might be delayed until the next deal comes along.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would recommend checking again in a couple of days. Rebates that expire sometime take a few days for a new one to replace it to show up.

If the economy slows down due to recent events, I expect the rebates to be sticking around for a bit.

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
That's what I'm hoping. I have time. My jeep isn't arriving any time soon.

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
That's good to know. Hopefully I take delivery by then.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Note what it says:

Must take delivery by 3/31/2020

velogeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
This is exactly why I compromised and just bought off the lot. Ended up at 12% under invoice, an excellent value for my trade-in, and driving home in my Jeep instead of a 4-6 week wait and a crapshoot on what I'd be paying. I didn't buy anything extra I didn't want and didn't miss out on anything that I can't get aftermarket.

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
When you want a white sport s soft top with max tow, tan seats, and 8.4" Alpine radio, that's not an option.

velogeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
Yeah that's a hell of a combination there and I can understand wanting tan in Florida. I know in the southwest, the difference between a tan and black interior could feel like 20 degrees.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
When you want a white sport s soft top with max tow, tan seats, and 8.4" Alpine radio, that's not an option.
So true I feel your pain. I wanted a rubicon with a soft top, that alone made it pretty much an order only. Then by the time you added in all the features I didn't want that Rubicons tend to come with off the lot my odds were lower. Add in the Gator color, and I probably have the only one specked like this in the country. lol

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
So true I feel your pain. I wanted a rubicon with a soft top, that alone made it pretty much an order only. Then by the time you added in all the features I didn't want that Rubicons tend to come with off the lot my odds were lower. Add in the Gator color, and I probably have the only one specked like this in the country. lol
My build is a unicorn also. Local dealer checked recently for fun (their idea, not mine). Not a one in any color in 3000 miles. Doesn't much matter at this point as the purchase is on the back burner since we just purchased a small property (and trying to buy another one) near our favorite lake. Ironic, 'cause that's where we'd get the most use out of it. Big picture, right?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
$2000 rebate gone. Looks like it hasn't been replaced with anything. That sucks. I ordered my jeep in middle of January. Dealer told me I could pay 6 percent under invoice plus whatever incentives were available when I get it. I tried to buy it yesterday, but he said I couldn't since my Jeep doesn't have a sticker yet. At this rate though, my jeep might be delayed until the next deal comes along.
Yours should be ready for retail delivery by 3/31. You should be fine.

I ordered Feb 20th. I was given an estimate of 5-6 wks from order to delivery. 5 1/2 wks takes me to 3/31. I have a VIN and I'm in D1 status now. I'll need a delivery on the early side of that estimate to take advantage of that $2000. If my build takes a bit longer, I hope they renew the rebate at that time. Ironically, the $400 bedliner could cost me $2000. :(

OP
OP

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Yours should be ready for retail delivery by 3/31. You should be fine.

I ordered Feb 20th. I was given an estimate of 5-6 wks from order to delivery. 5 1/2 wks takes me to 3/31. I have a VIN and I'm in D1 status now. I'll need a delivery on the early side of that estimate to take advantage of that $2000. If my build takes a bit longer, I hope they renew the rebate at that time. Ironically, the $400 bedliner could cost me $2000. :(
I ordered mine on 1/19 went into D1 on 2/14. I'm just past 6 weeks with no end in sight. Good luck.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My build is a unicorn also. Local dealer checked recently for fun (their idea, not mine). Not a one in any color in 3000 miles. Doesn't much matter at this point as the purchase is on the back burner since we just purchased a small property (and trying to buy another one) near our favorite lake. Ironic, 'cause that's where we'd get the most use out of it. Big picture, right?
Wow you must have went pretty different as well. Never searched mine but guessing it wouldn't turn up any matches.

That is ironic, but I get it. Want to get a camper to pull with the JT, but with the monthly payment really don't feel like that is in the cards right now.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
That is ironic, but I get it. Want to get a camper to pull with the JT, but with the monthly payment really don't feel like that is in the cards right now.
Well, we have a camper but use it as a base at the lake rather than tow it from place to place. We rented a site for the season last year at a private camp ground, but they're raising their rates significantly without any improvements to the camp ground (and it really needs some!). Hence, the desire for a spot of our own. We love the camper, good luck when time to shop for one. Lots of choices out there.

My unicorn is/was a JTR, Gator, Saddle, Painted HT with black fenders, no Safety pak. Some other stuff but these items are enough to make it really unusual apparently. I have no issue with ordering one.

To bring this back to topic (kinda); I've tried to talk myself into a Sport S (with rebate) but pretty sure it's Rubi or not at all for me.
Sponsored