BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Rant coming....I placed an order from Rebel Off-road for a Hauk Expedition snorkel a couple weeks ago. While waiting for order confirmation I was checking out the pictures online in more detail and thought hmm does this $704 kit include the intake tube that connects to the the throttle body? Well after calling Rebel Off-road to ask and being transferred a few times they said they did not know and they had to call Hauk to confirm. They promised I would get a call back once from them once they confirmed what the deal was. I never got a call back so I called Hauk. Hauk said "no it does not come with the intake tube and that I had to use the stock one". I threw the stock one away a year and a half ago when I put on my S&B intake. For $700 it should include everything necessary or at minimum make mention of the need for the stock tube.

Neither the Rebel Off-road or Hauk websites say anything about needing the stock intake. I called back Rebel Off-road and told them to cancel the order since I wasn't about to purchase another stock part on top of the $704 I paid for the Hauk kit. The person I talked to said "Okay no problem I will take care of this either today or tomorrow morning". That was July 27th at 2:19PM EST. They are PST so he had the whole day to take care of it.

Yesterday at 5pm the kit arrived at my house......Now I have to deal with shipping it back but of course their phone system goes straight to voicemail. The message says I am calling after hours....it's 9:30am their time....Oh and their voicemail is full so I cannot leave a message. First and last time I order anything from them. Rant over.....
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Rant coming....I placed an order from Rebel Off-road for a Hauk Expedition snorkel a couple weeks ago. While waiting for order confirmation I was checking out the pictures online in more detail and thought hmm does this $704 kit include the intake tube that connects to the the throttle body? Well after calling Rebel Off-road to ask and being transferred a few times they said they did not know and they had to call Hauk to confirm. They promised I would get a call back once from them once they confirmed what the deal was. I never got a call back so I called Hauk. Hauk said "no it does not come with the intake tube and that I had to use the stock one". I threw the stock one away a year and a half ago when I put on my S&B intake. For $700 it should include everything necessary or at minimum make mention of the need for the stock tube.

Neither the Rebel Off-road or Hauk websites say anything about needing the stock intake. I called back Rebel Off-road and told them to cancel the order since I wasn't about to purchase another stock part on top of the $704 I paid for the Hauk kit. The person I talked to said "Okay no problem I will take care of this either today or tomorrow morning". That was July 27th at 2:19PM EST. They are PST so he had the whole day to take care of it.

Yesterday at 5pm the kit arrived at my house......Now I have to deal with shipping it back but of course their phone system goes straight to voicemail. The message says I am calling after hours....it's 9:30am their time....Oh and their voicemail is full so I cannot leave a message. First and last time I order anything from them. Rant over.....
Thats why I never take any business at face value when it comes to stuff like that. You have to check and double check to ensure they did what they were supposed to. Didn't you notice that the money hadn’t been refunded?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
................ Didn't you notice that the money hadn’t been refunded?
Credit refunds take time and 3-7 business days is the norm for most retailers. He is pretty much in that window.

OP
OP
BuckSawLilandtheGoose

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats why I never take any business at face value when it comes to stuff like that. You have to check and double check to ensure they did what they were supposed to. Didn't you notice that the money hadn’t been refunded?
He said it would take 7 to 10 business days to show up on my credit card. He obviously never canceled the transaction and Let It Go through.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Or it was a drop-ship, and they weren’t able to cancel it with the supplier. It is a bummer, but you might be able to find a factory intake tube for near nothing from someone else who has added an aftermarket intake.

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
He said it would take 7 to 10 business days to show up on my credit card. He obviously never canceled the transaction and Let It Go through.
That’s why I like paying with PayPal. I was just in a very similar situation with a bed rack that was supposed to be in stock when I ordered it. The ship day came and went with no communication from the seller. When I was finally able to get a hold of them they blamed it on the manufacturer then updated the delivery to September.

We all know that game, when that date comes they’ll update it again to the next month, etc so I cancelled it. They told me they’d have to call the manufacturer to cancel then they’d get back to me when they got confirmation which might take a few days.

I told them Ok, got off the phone with them and immediately called the Paypal dispute number. I told them the situation and they said they would take care of it. I just checked and the moneys already been refunded.

OP
OP
BuckSawLilandtheGoose

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or it was a drop-ship, and they weren’t able to cancel it with the supplier. It is a bummer, but you might be able to find a factory intake tube for near nothing from someone else who has added an aftermarket intake.
Yeah it was drop shipped. They are sending a label to send it back. :)

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Interesting .... I have ordered from them many times with many products and have always been very happy.

From finding me products to great ship packing to getting questions answered. Even had guys at Daytona Jeep week texting me solutions to questions I had on front and rear bumper installs.

Sorry to hear that you had issues.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
It should be quite easy to locate a stock intake for free or nearly free

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Finally answered their phone. Sending me a return label.
Lucky you - getting a return label. They sent me a box with the wrong item in it, I asked for a return label and never got one. Had to hassle with Fedex Ground to do return to sender. Did not cost me anything but was a hassle. Now I am waiting for the correct part to arrive.

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Moral of story: thoroughly research product details before placing any order online.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
On a very positive note, I had my Dana Spicer 5:13 gears and front driveshaft done at Rebel Off-road. I have almost 10K on road and off-road miles on the gears now and everything is perfect. I also drove 2 hours to their location and had it setup with Rebel ahead of time, so I arrived first thing in the morning with just the Gladiator and my girlfriend, and I was out of there with the job done by 1 or 2 pm. There were two guys working on my gears within one hour of when we got there. I was impressed and we just hung out there in their waiting area. It was a very painless, pleasant experience, and if I every need additional work on the Gladiator that I cannot do myself, I am going back to Rebel, and I am not bringing an extra car :) lol...

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Lucky you - getting a return label. They sent me a box with the wrong item in it, I asked for a return label and never got one. Had to hassle with Fedex Ground to do return to sender. Did not cost me anything but was a hassle. Now I am waiting for the correct part to arrive.
But in general the salesperson I have been dealing with has done a fine job, quite responsive in general. Only when I had an install question regarding the tonneau cover install with their rack did I not get a response back, he said he would forward the question to the install staff. Figured it out myself - wish the tonneau cover install instructions had a better pic of the placement of a part, would have prevented the frustrations.
Sponsored