Rebel Rock-Slide Engineering 4 Door Step Sliders

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
Looking for feedback on these if anyone has them installed.
Sponsored

Talon_Wolfe

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Firecracker Red
Looking for feedback on these if anyone has them installed.
What do you want to know? So far they are great. When they retract they make a clunking noise which at first bugged me but now I like the audio cue that they are retracted.

0DBC5DEB-2988-4217-BDBD-58F191751F47.jpeg

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Oooh can I play? Request a pic, actually.
With the step down, show your foot placed across the step = I will have to get steps for my JT, we had Amp steps on my JK which were great but the Rebel ones look a lot better retracted. Just concerned the steps are not wide enough ā€˜for herā€™. How wide do they actually measure?
Thanks!

OP
OP
kstine98

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
Thanks for the information. I guess my real question is, would you buy them all over again, or go with something different?

Talon_Wolfe

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Firecracker Red
Hereā€™s some pics. So far I love em, and yes Iā€™d buy them all over again.

They are a little wider at the ends by an inch, but are easily stepped on at any point. When you open the door the step pops out the bottom and is very sturdy, you see my foot on it. It retracts when you close the door.

0A9D9606-47AA-4BB5-AB90-807A7F00A842.jpeg

EC52A145-2760-4024-A296-C3995933CEF2.jpeg

5903EEB6-BD2F-4839-966D-4ABA668F007A.jpeg

ADAE191E-5529-44EA-8593-6AFC435C6044.jpeg

2DD4822A-6ED6-4783-B274-7076C7D14566.jpeg

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Thanks for the information. I guess my real question is, would you buy them all over again, or go with something different?
I have them and like them a lot . And yes i would buy them again no question. As mentioned they do make a clunking sound when they retract and it did bother me at first but now i view it as the steps are letting me know that they are retracted.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oooh can I play? Request a pic, actually.
With the step down, show your foot placed across the step = I will have to get steps for my JT, we had Amp steps on my JK which were great but the Rebel ones look a lot better retracted. Just concerned the steps are not wide enough ā€˜for herā€™. How wide do they actually measure?
Thanks!
Interesting - my wife also needs something although she's getting better at getting in and OUT as it is, but still.......... it's a problem.
My question is how far off the ground is the step - due to differences in tires and the 1" extra height from the factory the Rubicon has over the Overland maybe a better way would be how far down from the SILL is the step when out/down?
I can use that to determine how high the step would be from the ground for my specific truck and go from there.

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
We have these steps on our JT.. 3inch lift on 37's and the steps are less than a foot off the ground when they swing down. Perfect for my petite wife and mother..

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Interesting - my wife also needs something although she's getting better at getting in and OUT as it is, but still.......... it's a problem.
My question is how far off the ground is the step - due to differences in tires and the 1" extra height from the factory the Rubicon has over the Overland maybe a better way would be how far down from the SILL is the step when out/down?
I can use that to determine how high the step would be from the ground for my specific truck and go from there.
According to this review, they drop down 12".

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Due to the differences even from the factory in the curb height of the Rubicon vs. Overland vs. Sport vs. any of the aforementioned with a lift, I'm looking for the distance from the step to the sill - then I can measure back down to determine height off the ground for mine. If you have that sort of a lift and it's less than a foot off the ground, LOL - with a stock overland they likely sit on the ground ;-)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
According to this review, they drop down 12".
Which helps somewhat, thanks - but from what because I don't know where they sit when installed in relationship to the sill.
Stock Overland running boards sit 5" down from the sill, 17.5" from the ground with stock tires and no lift.

If these drop down 12" and they sit like the overland running boards, that puts them 17" down from the sill when extended.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Which helps somewhat, thanks - but from what because I don't know where they sit when installed in relationship to the sill.
Stock Overland running boards sit 5" down from the sill, 17.5" from the ground with stock tires and no lift.

If these drop down 12" and they sit like the overland running boards, that puts them 17" down from the sill when extended.
From step to door sill it`s 12.5" on my Rubicon.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I went with the AMP research XL power steps they are around 400 dollars cheaper and when they are down the step runs from the front fender all the way to the rear fender and I think the steps are about 6 inches wide really happy with my choice and would buy them again

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
From step to door sill it`s 12.5" on my Rubicon.
THANK YOU. With that measurement, which is the same on all Gladiator models, regardless of lift, I can compare and make a better decision.
I can now also figure the height from the ground if it's 12.5" down from the sill.
Thanks for that info.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the AMP research XL power steps they are around 400 dollars cheaper and when they are down the step runs from the front fender all the way to the rear fender and I think the steps are about 6 inches wide really happy with my choice and would buy them again
Looking at them, too - comparing. That's why I'm trying hard to get the info like installed height, distance from step to sill when extended and that sort of thing. Those are also very nice looking systems.
Sponsored