Sponsored

Recent Customer Service experiences / company reviews.

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
As we all know the Covid fiasco has screwed up supply chains across the world as well as flooded the accessory/outdoor markets with an amazing number of orders. That’s a given and this is my experience trying to order parts through several vendors.

1. 4WD.com TERRIBLE - I have learned a two valuable lessons. (1) the value of using PayPal for payment and (2) never order from 4WD again even if they’re the last option on earth. They sent two parts that were claimed to be in stock. Fast forward four weeks and they finally show up after drop shipping from vendors. Both missing components necessary to install. You can not get someone there on the phone. I tried for 3 weeks to get a replacement or rma refund. Finally I had to file a claim with PayPal and PayPal couldn’t ever get them to respond. PayPal issues me a refund.

2. Icon vehicle dynamics - So-So - called to confirm they had a JT rear trackbar in stock. Clearly asked was it in stock and stated I know things are all over the place right now. Was told to hold and then came back with a very clear YES and it may even ship same day or at the latest the following Monday. I placed the order immediately l and that night got an email stating it is on a 4-5 week backlog. Sent an email back to cancel and got an immediate response they found one and it’s getting shipped. So I’ll reserve judgement to see if I get a tracking number next week. Hoping it goes well they seem to have some quality products.

3. Poly Performance - AWESOME - they went out of their way to help locate parts throughout the country to drop ship. Clearly communicated when they couldn’t find items and issued prompt refunds. I highly recommend Poly to anyone! They also always answer the phone which to me is huge.

4. Teraflex - AWESOME - I know they’re crazy backed up. Yet they still were clear with what was in stock and actually far exceeded their shipping timelines. I highly recommend Teraflex direct.

5. Synergy - AWESOME - clearly knew what was in stock and were very helpful deciding which springs etc to go with. I know their Steering brace is backlogged but I’m in line and it’ll get here eventually with the newly resized sector shaft bushing. I highly recommend Synergy.

6. Quadratec - AWESOME - shipped timely and accurately based on what they said was in stock. I highly recommend them as well.

7. Mountain Hatch - AWESOME- great company, great product and highly recommended. American Made goodness.

8. DFG Off-road - AWESOME - excellent fridge slide, exceeded shipping expectations and I highly recommend them. Also American Made goodness.

9. ACE Engineering - Seems like a good group. Waiting on review but called today to see what slider lead times were and they said around 4-weeks. I placed the order this morning so well see how it goes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’ll add a couple

Carid.com - Bait and switch. Looked high and low for the RC 3.5” spacer lift with everyone showing back orders for 6-8 weeks. Carid.com Showed 10 in stock online, but being hesitant, I placed an order online and was told that they were in fact in stock and would ship the next business day. Since that time, the lift still hasn’t shipped, I have H-D to contact them 3 separate times to finally be told that they were sold out, and would be drop shipped by RC when back in stock. RC now has them in stock online, but guess what? Mine still hasn’t shipped.

Quadratec - ordered a set of Method wheels from them because they were “in stock”. $1300 and one day later, get an email stating they are to be shipped from the manufacturer when available. Estimated 10/9.

Why can’t these companies be honest and just say they don’t have the product. Going forward, I will probably put my orders in direct from manufacturer as these other “companies” are just middle men.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
ACE Engineering - GREAT. I purchased the rock sliders. After being informed of the lengthy lead time, I canceled my order. Refunded fully and said they would honor the price I had agreed to pay down the road when I am ready.

Weather Tech - GREAT. My floor liners broke where the 'lock' into the floor. Took a picture, sent it to them and they replaced both front liners FREE OF CHARGE!

KBVOODOO.com - Nah! I have inquired a couple of times about their products. The responses are short, not helpful and, generally, like they don't care about making a sale.

Westgate Jeep (Raleigh) - GREAT! Even though we have moved more than 1000 miles away, all future Jeep purchases will be made here.

Northridge 4x4 - Terrible! See my post about a customer complaint. Will never do business with them. Considering the amount of $$$ I have spent after the vehicle purchase, I would wager I'd be considered a great potential customer for them to market towards.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I buy lots of my stuff from big sellers on eBay with good feedback. Generally if they say it is in stock and has an estimated delivery date it is accurate, most times it comes sooner. Also you have pretty good recourse against the seller if something isn’t as advertised, eBay is very pro buyer.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I've had pretty good luck with ebay. They're selling pretty much the same thing as the big companies you listed above if you're looking at the lower priced parts.

All these generic products that look the same and have strange American names are all made in China by 1 factory and drop shipped or sold to a distributor here to all the retailers to be rebranded.

I got 3" nerf bars at a decent price drop shipped from a warehouse in socal. Looked at Realtek, Quadratec, and 4WD and their lower priced nerf bars all looked the same... heck, I'd swear it's the same picture being used all around.

It's the 2nd set I've bought off ebay. The last set on my JKU looked as good after 3 years of use as the first day so why pay premium prices?

Sponsored

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
Carid.. Suck...ordered a Fab Four stubby..2 days later they cancelled the order saying they could not offer their advertised selling price, yet they continue to advertise the same price and send me reminders of stuff left in my cart..WTF?

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
thumbs up for teraflex.. They told me a week to ship on 1-4-21... parts actually went out 2 days later, 2nd day air... very happy customer

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
I have had good experiences with Quadratic. They always seem to ship my orders quickly, and I have never had a problem with anything I have ordered.

N-FAB also has great customer service. Their shipping is fast, and when I had an issue with the first set of steps they immediately sent out a second set and a return label for the first set.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I’ll add a couple

Carid.com - Bait and switch. Looked high and low for the RC 3.5” spacer lift with everyone showing back orders for 6-8 weeks. Carid.com Showed 10 in stock online, but being hesitant, I placed an order online and was told that they were in fact in stock and would ship the next business day. Since that time, the lift still hasn’t shipped, I have H-D to contact them 3 separate times to finally be told that they were sold out, and would be drop shipped by RC when back in stock. RC now has them in stock online, but guess what? Mine still hasn’t shipped.

Quadratec - ordered a set of Method wheels from them because they were “in stock”. $1300 and one day later, get an email stating they are to be shipped from the manufacturer when available. Estimated 10/9.

Why can’t these companies be honest and just say they don’t have the product. Going forward, I will probably put my orders in direct from manufacturer as these other “companies” are just middle men.
because theyre all drop shipping from the supplier. So the supplier sells it to them at cost x, and they sell it to you at cost x + y. They then tell the supplier to ship part a to dude b. And when you have a problem, call the supplier. Its a brilliant business model. They get to be the middle man making profit on something they didnt make but dont have to deal with the issues if something is wrong.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Nice thread OP :like: I'll pitch in a bit.

Ace: Awesome, Ordered sliders from them and they where up front about the lead time. They called for customer pickup a week early and had the sliders ready at the door when I arrived to pick them up. Guy on the phone did ask if I was bringing a truck to pick them up. When I said yes a Gladiator he said oh so not a real truck:CWL::CWL:. I will have to deduct a point for that one.

Northridge 4x4: Awesome, Ordered front driveshaft and Rock Krawler Pro-X kit from them. Had 2 phone conversations with them and some communications here with them before ordering. They know there stuff and helped me out a bunch. They where up front about the parts not in stock. Shipped the ones that where in stock super fast. Received the out of stock from Rock Krawler well within the lead time.
Sponsored