Sponsored

Recent Rubicon/Mojave Deliveres, What shocks do you have?

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
EDIT TO ADD: Confirmed that 2023 Rubicon's no longer receive the Fox Performance Suspension. The 2023 Rubicon's receive "Red Tenneco Suspension" now.

A member recently took the order of their Rubicon to find it had Mopar red shocks. Usually, the shocks Rubicons had before Fox's. For those who have taken delivery recently, what shocks do you have? And for those with future deliveries, could you report here what you have? I would like to know if this is widespread or sporadic.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
As a baseline, my May 19 2022 Rubicon build has Fox

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Can't help with build date since mine was in January, but I would enter the VIN on a parts catalog and see what comes up for the vehicle, and then compare parts numbers.

It's not unheard of for issues coming off the assembly lines. There have been members here with mismatched fenders for example.

Edit: You can also punch in the VIN here and get the actual build sheet - it will have the shocks listed for the build of the vehicle.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

It should say " FOX Performance Front Shocks" & "FOX Performance Rear Shocks"

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
2021 JLURD had red shocks, matched the dash :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
2021 JLURD had red shocks, matched the dash :)
I was under the belief that the JTR received fox branded suspension, whereas the JLR receives typical Mopar Red shocks.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Been talked about elsewhere in another thread that 2023 Rubicon Gladiators will not get the Fox 2.0 shocks but the red bodied shocks similar to what comes on the Wrangler JL Rubicon.

I speculate there will be an increase in the secondary market values for used take off Fox 2.0 shocks going forward.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Been talked about elsewhere in another thread that 2023 Rubicon Gladiators will not get the Fox 2.0 shocks but the red bodied shocks similar to what comes on the Wrangler JL.

I speculate there will be an increase in the secondary market values for used take off Fox 2.0 shocks going forward.
Ah that’s actually pretty upsetting…

edit to add: emailed Gupton, will see what they say. Thanks for the heads up.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I was under the belief that the JTR received fox branded suspension, whereas the JLR receives typical Mopar Red shocks.
wife's 21 JLURD had red, my 22 JTRD had Fox... now curious what my 23 will have

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ah that’s actually pretty upsetting…

edit to add: emailed Gupton, will see what they say. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, I would be interested to see what the part numbers are on the 2023 Rubicons with the red shocks. The Willys models already come with a set of red body shocks and wonder if they will just be the same?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yeah, I would be interested to see what the part numbers are on the 2023 Rubicons with the red shocks. The Willys models already come with a set of red body shocks and wonder if they will just be the same?
It would be great if the Rubicon saw a price decrease due to this, but of course that’s not the case. Anyone with a 23 rubicon on red shocks want to share a vin/PN of the red bodies?

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
My Rubi with a build date of August 22 has the silver 🦊. It’s a little odd if they stopped using them since the jeep site makes prominent reference to the brand of shocks on the Rubi and Mojave.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Been talked about elsewhere in another thread that 2023 Rubicon Gladiators will not get the Fox 2.0 shocks but the red bodied shocks similar to what comes on the Wrangler JL Rubicon.

Funny enough, I’ve kept the take off Fox units from my 2020 LE (that we still own). But the new one that’s on order is a diesel, so no ability to directly swap them over sadly.

Kinda of a bummer, but it will be getting a lift very soon after it arrives anyway.

OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
My Rubi with a build date of August 22 has the silver 🦊. It’s a little odd if they stopped using them since the jeep site makes prominent reference to the brand of shocks on the Rubi and Mojave.
Agreed. We’ll see what the dealer says.
Sponsored