Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I did a search, but didn't see anything specific to the max tow fender flares with the extra lip that is on those flares. Does anybody know if the Recon extreme fender extensions / spats fit these flares?

I know you have to order 2 front lefts and 2 front rights and make a series of relief cuts in the extensions for them for form correctly for the rears, but wasn't sure these fit with the added max tow fender lips

They probably don't and would only allow maybe 1' or 1 1/4' extra coverage over the max tow lips since they are 3/4" or so to begin with, but thought I'd ask anyways.

Pic is courtesy of Jendall Overland who did it the mod on his Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator Recon Extreme fender flare spats / extensions for Max Tow 1681621473966

1681621354664.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I used them on the max tow fenders...
Jeep Gladiator Recon Extreme fender flare spats / extensions for Max Tow PXL_20220803_010156029

Jeep Gladiator Recon Extreme fender flare spats / extensions for Max Tow PXL_20220803_010156029
Dang. That looks fantastic. Well done!!!!
Did you cut the relief cuts in the rear to make them fit without bowing? Any pics of where you cut them if you did?
Did you use Christmas tree's or the rivets to install them into the factory flares?

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Which mud flaps are you using as well? Did you put them on the rear too?
THanks

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
I actually used sheet metal screws.... into the factory holes. I only had to cut the rear just about a 3/4 inch triangle in one spot. Just on one leading edge of the fender. They do look like they are factory fit. As far as mud flaps go... I made my own our of a high density rubber flooring scrap. They have held up well... but I don't have pictures of them exactly... I will take some later and post it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I actually used sheet metal screws.... into the factory holes. I only had to cut the rear just about a 3/4 inch triangle in one spot. Just on one leading edge of the fender. They do look like they are factory fit. As far as mud flaps go... I made my own our of a high density rubber flooring scrap. They have held up well... but I don't have pictures of them exactly... I will take some later and post it.
Thanks for the info. Gonna order them up I think. Do you remember which size sheetmetal screw you used. No biggie if you don't

Thanks for your help. Really like the way they turned out on your truck.