First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to record video from the optional trail cam.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That would be awesome to record the front and rear cameras on a 1 hour loop. Built in dash cam.
Same thought crossed my mind. Seems like a cheap add as an OEM feature, especially if the recording was to your USB-C connected phone.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to record video from the optional trail cam.

Thanks in advance!
It may be possible, using some of the options mentioned, if you have the Zautomotive (Tazer) front camera. It's not possible with the factory installed cameras.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I doubt it’s possible. The front and rear cameras are digital, and the images are processed through the central vision processing module and sent to the radio’s digital camera input, all via coax cable. The signal definitely can’t be split.

OP
OP
HannibalSmith

HannibalSmith

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
It may be possible, using some of the options mentioned, if you have the Zautomotive (Tazer) front camera. It's not possible with the factory installed cameras.
That’s a bummer. I guess I’ll have to rig up a go pro.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I know you have the trailcam and all, but for those without there's another option

Mount a GoPro down there, with a big aux battery. Then connect over WiFi to live feed on a cheap ipad or tablet. Can use that for your trail maps too. The GoPro will record while you have your live feed. It does eat a lot more battery to broadcast on WiFi, and the video in the car wont be as good over WiFi as the trailcam, but the quality of the saved file will be significantly better.

OP
OP
HannibalSmith

HannibalSmith

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
I know you have the trailcam and all, but for those without there's another option

Mount a GoPro down there, with a big aux battery. Then connect over WiFi to live feed on a cheap ipad or tablet. Can use that for your trail maps too. The GoPro will record while you have your live feed. It does eat a lot more battery to broadcast on WiFi, and the video in the car wont be as good over WiFi as the trailcam, but the quality of the saved file will be significantly better.

Do you have a GoPro? If so what is your mount of choice?

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Do you have a GoPro? If so what is your mount of choice?
I do have a Hero 7 black but never used it in this way, it's more for baseball games. If I were doing it I would get a metal mount and bolt it to the bumper. There's aluminum setups out there.

Zipper

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase