Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
wow i need to reevaluate what i have if you are carrying all that. Let's see, I have twine and some duct tape and a waterproof bag...and that's it.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
I carry a bunch of recovery stuff that I hope someone out on the trails will know how to use properly -- because I really don't. Wish there were a "vehicle recovery" class I could attend, and learn what I need to know!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It’s all in the paranoia level and how desperately you want to sleep in your own bed.

OP
OP

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I like my own bed, but some times to get there when you are on the trip things happen. The thing might not be me but some one else, I do not mind helping a person who has had miss fortune recover and get on the road again. I have found a good deed pays returns in the end.

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
patch kit and air

OP
OP

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
Ahh patch kit in glove box, working on co2 system when I do my bed rack.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Maxtrax are super helpful. They have a new model with metal studs to grip the tires better and to keep the tires from melting the studs if you spin

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I carry a bunch of recovery stuff that I hope someone out on the trails will know how to use properly -- because I really don't. Wish there were a "vehicle recovery" class I could attend, and learn what I need to know!
Im taking one at the overland expo!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Your profile shows you as being in Arizona. Nena Barlow's Barlow Adventures offers a number of classes in at least 2 Arizona locations covering a variety of topics, including recovery. You might want to contact them to see if they have what you are looking for and about scheduling a class.
https://barlows.us/4wd-training/

Sponsored

NewJeepGuy_M

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
I would definitely recommend watching some of Ronny Dahl’s YouTube videos. He does a lot of explanations and demonstrations on everything off-roading.

I was glad I watched this particular video before my buddy and I got into some muddy situations were we had to perform recoveries on each other’s vehicles.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would definitely recommend watching some of Ronny Dahl’s YouTube videos. He does a lot of explanations and demonstrations on everything off-roading.

I was glad I watched this particular video before my buddy and I got into some muddy situations were we had to perform recoveries on each other’s vehicles.
wow its a lot of work to recover a vehicle. I need to find a fast, more resource intensive way to do this.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
wow its a lot of work to recover a vehicle. I need to find a fast, more resource intensive way to do this.
I’ve always found that the best way to recover a stuck vehicle is not do dumb things that get you stuck.

Okay everyone done belly laughing?

So yeah it happens and depending on the stuck it can be a quick snatch strap affair or a progressive caterpillar crawl if moving winch points as you go.

But in all seriousness it’s always advisable to avoid doing things that have a high degree of stuck factor if you can avoid it.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve always found that the best way to recover a stuck vehicle is not do dumb things that get you stuck.

Okay everyone done belly laughing?

So yeah it happens and depending on the stuck it can be a quick snatch strap affair or a progressive caterpillar crawl if moving winch points as you go.

But in all seriousness it’s always advisable to avoid doing things that have a high degree of stuck factor if you can avoid it.
I mean sure but that takes someone that has either experience and knowledge or someone not willing to take risks. Id prefer to get stuck and in a controlled environment so I can practice. Hopefully I can find a way to do that. Reminds me of my intern showing me a job he wanted. It was entry level for a 23 year old requiring something ridiculous like 15 years of expertise and experience.
Sponsored