Sponsored

Recovery straps or rope??

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
Ok, educate me on what are quality items in this category. Its been years and I need to reequip myself. I only want to buy once. I don't want crap., but I'm not made of $$$ either. I paged through Quadratec and all I got was confused.
Sponsored

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
I like bubba ropes they work well as a snatch option.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, educate me on what are quality items in this category. Its been years and I need to reequip myself. I only want to buy once. I don't want crap., but I'm not made of $$$ either. I paged through Quadratec and all I got was confused.
I like RhinoUSA, Keeper, etc. Typically 3" wide minimum but I run 4" wide versions.
Always make sure to carry a heavy canvas tarp etc to put over the strap in case it breaks so it sends it to the ground vs coming back through your window and smacking occupants in the "pulling" vehicle.

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Bubba ropes for the win, first time you use one you’ll wonder why you ever used chains or straps.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I bought straps, etc. at a local rigging store. There are also on-line sources; just do a search. Straps are light but somewhat bulky. You can also have your local shop make up some steel cables with hooks on each end. 25' lengths coil up nicely, take little space, for example. Realize that rigging shops use the working load limit rating, which is several times lower than breaking strength, as many 4x4 suppliers use. Strap ratings also vary by type of use--straight, basket, etc.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Everytime I hear about using chains in recovery's my eye starts twitching. Do to always some D.A. starts trying to jerk a vehicle out with one. Shock loading is a bad thing with chains or cable. Kinetic lines "rope" ok static line "rope, chain, cable" nope. I try to stay totally away from kinetic recovery's in many cases. But recently I bought a new USA made kinetic recovery rope too. I did have a kinetic strap and used for years in some situations "car in ditch" but stuck in deep mud so much. I've seen some ok deals on Amazon for some kinetic lines, Bubba is a well know option but pricey, I've used some of them "unbranded" overseas and in mil training in past.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I'm thoroughly impressed with rhino straps and their soft shackles. Used them with my Hi-lift jack to self rescue. Pulled my Jeep Gladiator off a high center after sliding off trail into a mud hole. I recommend them. Haven't used Bubba ropes. But I hear they are good.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
i hoped to piggyback onto this thread as I’m trying to burn through a store credit that I have with American truck and hoped to get the most bang for my buck with either a recover or snatch strap. I have a ‘21 Mojave which I intend to take through some sand and mud at some point and I just hope to be prepare. I welcome you suggested purchases from the following link:

https://www.americantrucks.com/search?keywords=Strap&generationId=9&vehicleType=F150

By the way, i have about a $200 credit and already plan to get a body armor hitch step, locking hitch pin; so, that leaves me with about $40 to burn, but I have no issue spending up for quality. As for the hitch step, we’ll that just seems like good parking lot protection with the added versatility of a step and off road skid platform.

Thank you!
Sponsored