Sponsored

Red Seatbelts! (Standard on the Rubicon Recon Wrangler)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OK, found this thread but it's related to having existing seatbelts (webbing) replaced and you have to send them the seatbelt units...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/red-seatbelts.21554/

Webbing replacement: https://www.safetyrestore.com/seat-belt-repair-service/11-seat-belt-webbing-replacement.html

And here's how to remove the seat belt from their site: https://www.safetyrestore.com/help/knowledge-base/how-to-remove-seat-belt

But, I want to see what the cost of the seat belt units with red webbing from FCA/Mopar is so I can look at doing a swap out instead of sending my seatbelt retractors to them which would mean my Jeep would be undriveable until I get them back and installed. And I prefer Mopar to aftermarket on these red seatbelts. But that's until I see the price :bandit:

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Yes! Red seatbelts are standard on the new Wrangler Rubicon Recon model.

So, my questions are, if I can get them at a "reasonable price" how difficult would it be to pull my existing front seat belts and put these in?

Jeep Gladiator Red Seatbelts! (Standard on the Rubicon Recon Wrangler) {filename}

Link to Rubicon Recon on Jeep's page:
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...EC3,DFT,DMF,Z1F,SDD,TWG,D5,UAG,X9,PW7,28Y,APA
@WhatExit?

If you purchase the Recon seat belts (I bet BIG $), you could sell your original seat belts to someone and they could send those in for webbing replacement services. You could re-coup some of your expense, or if you'r lucky enough to find a set of original seat belts someone else removed then send those in for webbing replacement and then sell your originals.

I would love red seat belts, just not sure I would allocate the BIG $ for them over something else.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@WhatExit?

If you purchase the Recon seat belts (I bet BIG $), you could sell your original seat belts to someone and they could send those in for webbing replacement services. You could re-coup some of your expense, or if you'r lucky enough to find a set of original seat belts someone else removed then send those in for webbing replacement and then sell your originals.

I would love red seat belts, just not sure I would allocate the BIG $ for them over something else.
I agree. My fantasy will survive until the shock of the price hits :angry:

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
Why not look at other options such as harness or seatbelts in red from a company such as PRP?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why not look at other options such as harness or seatbelts in red from a company such as PRP?
I posted an option for red replacement seat belts (above) but it requires sending them and going seatbelt-less until they come back.

In regard to harnesses, have you ever used them? I have and they're completely impractical for use in a vehicle used on road (and very uncomfortable). The idea is to change the factory black belts to red

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I posted an option for red replacement seat belts (above) but it requires sending them and going seatbelt-less until they come back.

In regard to harnesses, have you ever used them? I have and they're completely impractical for use in a vehicle used on road (and very uncomfortable). The idea is to change the factory black belts to red
And as you have seen most of the good ones are busy enough you are without seat belts for about a month - sometimes longer.
And there are companies to avoid totally, too. Trust me on that - I had my show car seat belts redone and they thoroughly SCREWED UP BIG TIME, but I was stuck as they arrived the week before I had to install them, put the interior back and load up for a show.
I ended up redoing some of the work myself and getting by. Luckily I had some NOS Jeep seat belt parts that matched the Eagle fronts and no one knew the difference. They used the worst of the buckles I sent, put parts on UP-SIDE-DOWN, that sort of thing.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
The posted site for the company that swaps the webbing says 24 hr turn around

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The posted site for the company that swaps the webbing says 24 hr turn around
So they are sitting waiting for orders, nothing to do? Hmnmmmmmm. Odd as others I know of have so much work it's literally anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month turn-around time. But that's for "restoration". Maybe replace web only is faster. But same day?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would imagine their business has to be based on a quick turn around. since no one wants to be without their dd for weeks. I think most people could do without their dd for two to three days.
I am just relaying what I saw on the link. My black belts suit me fine.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine their business has to be based on a quick turn around. since no one wants to be without their dd for weeks. I think most people could do without their dd for two to three days.
I am just relaying what I saw on the link. My black belts suit me fine.
Most seat belt repair/restoration businesses don't deal with daily drivers. Apparently that one does. Most I'm aware of deal with restorations, show cars, frame-off restorations, that sort of thing, where a month down is no big deal.

Perhaps this business is aimed more at repair of daily driver belts and doesn't do any restoration - no replacement of buckles or reels or rechroming or replacing of broken parts. That could be the case and would account for fast turn-around. Re-webbing, little else.

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Just seeing this thread. I'm looking at replacing my factory belts. With the doors off, hitting 70mph, these flimsy OEM belts make it feel like I'm going to get sucked out of the Jeep during any cross-wind. I too want Red, but I'm more inclined to want a 4-point harness style.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just seeing this thread. I'm looking at replacing my factory belts. With the doors off, hitting 70mph, these flimsy OEM belts make it feel like I'm going to get sucked out of the Jeep during any cross-wind. I too want Red, but I'm more inclined to want a 4-point harness style.
Just my opinion (worth what you paid for it)...if you're running 70MPH and you're even thinking about "flimsy OEM belts" you might just want to put the doors back on.
Sponsored