Sponsored

Redarc Tow Pro Opinion (Trailer Brake Controller)

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I can’t be the only one who is enthralled by Redarc and their many different Battery Management and Charging options. That said, not being up to date on brake controllers on he market and with the factory option being nonexistent. How does the Tow Pro Elite stack up?

I am looking for an option to mainly be able to pull an Off-Road Trailer when out on trips. Thanks.

https://redarcelectronics.com/produ...dytowprovid&utm_medium=ad&utm_source=facebook

Per the Redarc Website for US Products:

The REDARC Tow-Pro Elite is the only brake controller on the market with 2 types of braking modes at the turn of a dial:

‘Proportional Mode’ (Inertia sensing) for highway conditions and ‘User Controlled Mode’ for off-road.

You can choose what braking type best suits the road conditions, vehicle type or driver preference, and the Tow-Pro Elite is suitable for 12 and 24-volt systems.

Advanced brake controller technology

This model features a three-axis accelerometer which can measure acceleration in any direction. The main unit can be mounted in any orientation, out of sight and still sense the brake level accurately.

The SEMA Global Media Award winning Tow-Pro Elite also comes with self-levelling technology, so it can sense the rate of deceleration and features active calibration, which constantly monitors the vehicles direction of travel, with or without a trailer attached.

The REDARC Tow-Pro Elite control knob is also designed with low profile and shock-absorbing elastomers ensuring it can be installed in crash impact zones.

Tested in the toughest conditions

REDARC is an Australian company that’s 40 years old and is a world-class advanced electronics manufacturer providing high quality trailer accessories. All REDARC products are designed, developed, engineered and tested in the toughest conditions.

The Tow-Pro Elite has undergone years of testing in some of the harshest conditions to become one of the best brake controllers for trailers the world over.

5 Benefits of a Tow-Pro Elite Electronic Brake Controller

1. A quality level of towing safety unlike any other in the market.
The *patented technology of the Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller delivers a smooth, safe trailer braking response no matter the situation.

1. Safe braking at your fingertips.
Choose your braking type depending on the terrain, vehicle type, and driver preference with the dash-mounted control knob.

The discreet and compact Tow-Pro Elite control knob is much smaller and easier to find space for on the dash compared to other electric trailer brake controller models.

* Meets UNECER21 and FMVSS 201 safety standards when installed correctly.

1. Two modes of braking.
Choose proportional mode for highway conditions. This enables application of trailer brakes at a proportional level for off-road driving with trailer brakes applied to the level set by the user. The user-controlled mode is used for off road conditions; trailer brakes are applied to the level set by the driver.

The Tow-Pro Elite is specifically designed for safe and smooth operation even on rough or hilly terrain, making it the optimum brake controller option for tight bends and when travelling downhill.

1. Suitable for 12V and 24V vehicles.
Acceptable voltage input ranges between 9V and 32V. The Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller can operate 12V trailer brakes from both 12V and 24V vehicle electrical systems.

1. Operates both electric and electric/hydraulic trailer brakes.
Electric and electric/hydraulic trailer brakes can be operated with the Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller with no user input needed to select the mode.

* Note: Tow-Pro Elite may not be suitable for some electric/hydraulic systems that require their own specific controller.
Sponsored

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
So far I am really liking mine, it seems to operate smoother than the Prodigy P3 in my JKU and the install in the dash makes for a factory look.
zi52Zf2UTpK874wDXr1AJg.jpg

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So far I am really liking mine, it seems to operate smoother than the Prodigy P3 in my JKU and the install in the dash makes for a factory look.
oh wow. wait... have you posted this before? how did i miss it?

OP
OP
Gladiator Overland

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner

How was the install? Did you do a write up? I am very interested in this unit myself. I think it has everything I want and nothing I don’t. But unlike many i would also be pulling a trailer offroad as well. Something about having brakes on even a smaller camper. So much more of a joy to pull and drive on trips.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I can wait until September/October to see how much they're going to charge for the factory Mopar option. If it's in line with the aftermarket stuff, I'll go that way.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
I can wait until September/October to see how much they're going to charge for the factory Mopar option. If it's in line with the aftermarket stuff, I'll go that way.
My Redarc worked flawlessly for a 2200mi tow this week but I would upgrade to the Mopar myself if it offers more functionality like the factory one in my F150 does. It recognizes that a trailer has been attached and can troubleshoot lights on the trailer, keep track of towing mileage etc all on the dash screen. I would pay to have that but if it does nothing more than the Redarc, I wouldn't pay a penny more for it vs the Redarc.

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
Does the brake controller light up when a trailer is not connected?

121Ranger

First Name
Darrol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch
My Redarc worked flawlessly for a 2200mi tow this week but I would upgrade to the Mopar myself if it offers more functionality like the factory one in my F150 does. It recognizes that a trailer has been attached and can troubleshoot lights on the trailer, keep track of towing mileage etc all on the dash screen. I would pay to have that but if it does nothing more than the Redarc, I wouldn't pay a penny more for it vs the Redarc.
Hey Nordnded. I know this is old but quick question. When you disconnected the ‘cigarette lighter”, what did you do with the power cable? Did you just secure it inside the dash? I just ordered the Rebarc you utilized and I want to connect it the same way. Thanks for the info you’ve provided us.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
In case Nordnded dose not get back to you. When I disconnected the cigarette socket from the console, I pulled it over to the passenger's side behind the dash. It will reach and you can access it by removing the glove compartment. I plugged my dash cam 12v adapter into it.

Sponsored

121Ranger

First Name
Darrol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case Nordnded dose not get back to you. When I disconnected the cigarette socket from the console, I pulled it over to the passenger's side behind the dash. It will reach and you can access it by removing the glove compartment. I plugged my dash cam 12v adapter into it.
Sounds good. Thank you.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Jeep Gladiator Redarc Tow Pro Opinion (Trailer Brake Controller) zi52Zf2UTpK874wDXr1AJ
How flush is yours? I noticed I had a gap when I installed the circular trim...

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Just hooked mine up. Does it light up at all. I only see the blue light blink once in a while when parking... Havent hooked up a trailer yet...

121Ranger

First Name
Darrol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just hooked mine up. Does it light up at all. I only see the blue light blink once in a while when parking... Havent hooked up a trailer yet...
I also have a small gap but you can’t really see it and I wasn’t going to mess with it anymore after I got it installed. Also, when you connect your trailer, it will light up when you engage your brakes. The harder you apply your brakes, the brighter the light. I’ve towed a 19ft Airstream around Florida with absolutely no issues. The brakes work great.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That’s normal until you hookup the trailer, then the blue light will be on and slowly change to red as the brakes apply.
Sponsored