Regear in Rubicon axle issue? Solution?

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
So I am Currently having the gears in my Rubicon axles swapped from 4.10 to to 4.88 due to my tire size change.

Using all Dana Spicer brand 4.88 gears and install kit.

everything has gone great and according to plan. However there is one small issue. The rear axle locker light will not stop flashing on the dash. I have used my flashcal to reprogram for the new tires and gears. The lockers engage and disengage correctly. However the light on the dash just does not stop or start flashing. It’s a continuous flash as if the axle locker is waiting to engage or disengage.

I have read there are issues in the JL rubicon axles with the sensors or actuators causing this same issue on stock untouched axles. Anybody have this issue or come up with a solution on the JL? I’ve heard this problem before but have not gotten a solution yet.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I haven't regeared a Gladiator, but on the JK's there was a "plunger" that had to be properly positioned when installing the gears or the Jeep wouldn't show the lockers as disengaged(light continuously flashing, but the lockers worked.)

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So I am Currently having the gears in my Rubicon axles swapped from 4.10 to to 4.88 due to my tire size change.

Using all Dana Spicer brand 4.88 gears and install kit.

everything has gone great and according to plan. However there is one small issue. The rear axle locker light will not stop flashing on the dash. I have used my flashcal to reprogram for the new tires and gears. The lockers engage and disengage correctly. However the light on the dash just does not stop or start flashing. It’s a continuous flash as if the axle locker is waiting to engage or disengage.

I have read there are issues in the JL rubicon axles with the sensors or actuators causing this same issue on stock untouched axles. Anybody have this issue or come up with a solution on the JL? I’ve heard this problem before but have not gotten a solution yet.
Kyle-I have the silver Overland here in Tulsa that I am looking to regear to 4.88 as well. Who are you using to install gears? Would love to connect some time. Scott

Jeep left quarter.jpg

OP
OP
kyleking777

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Kyle-I have the silver Overland here in Tulsa that I am looking to regear to 4.88 as well. Who are you using to install gears? Would love to connect some time. Scott

Jeep left quarter.jpg
Yeah ! Shoot me a pm let’s trade numbers. Got this gear issue figured out by the way. The guy who is doing mine is fantastic.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Again......Please post the solution for future reference of others.

Thank you.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
The locker system is the same as the JK. It uses a sensor to tell when its engageded. First thing I would check to see if this sensor is plugged in or if there was damage to the pins. These ususally get unplugged durring gearing. If that doesnt show an issue have a dealer scan it. The sensor is pretty fradgile. It could have been damged in the gearing change.

I know this is an older post but incase someone is looking for trouble shooting info this is a start.
Sponsored