Relief cuts

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Finally decided to splurge on flooring. Excited by great reviews, couldn't wait to install. When I opened the box found numerous tears. The front mats were shredded around the air vent holes like they used a dull cutter. I can live with those, they are hidden under the seats. I'm curious about the cuts behind the outer rear seat bolt holes. I contacted Armorlite and was told they were intentional to ease installation. I'm concerned thei cuts will be agrivated by rear passenger foot traffic. Has anyone had issues with these cuts?
Jeep Gladiator Relief cuts 20220720_145958
Jeep Gladiator Relief cuts 20220720_145954
Jeep Gladiator Relief cuts 20220720_145948
Jeep Gladiator Relief cuts 1658343790460_IMG_4908
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Mine did not have those and I had to manually cut them so it would "fold" around the seat bottoms. Had to do it to all the areas around the seats.

No issues but water can clearly get in around them.

OP
OP
Frogwopp

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Not concerned about water as much as wear. Sometimes I think my kids are running in place back there. As a whole the looks like it will outlast me, just suprised they would intentionally put in a weak spot.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Mine had those, and I've had no issue. I'm approaching a year since I installed it, in August. I have zero doubts it will hold up.

OP
OP
Frogwopp

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Great, I appreciate the replies. Glad to hear it holds up. My cuts leave only 1/4-1/2" of mat holding the square piece on. Hope to have no issues either.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Man....this is such a tempting purchase.

OP
OP
Frogwopp

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Overall fit and quality is fantastic. Even if I lose the few inch squares its already proven its worth cleaning out sand from a day at the beach.

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
The slices around the under seat vent aid in installation and as well as allow for the wire harness to slide into one of them.
The relief slits around the seat mounts aid in flex to help the trim fit. We have had no issue with them tearing from there, the TPO material is extremely strong.

There is no dull cutter, this is all cut using a robotic waterjet machine. Sometimes the insulation fluffs up on the edges after cutting, but as you can see from all of the install images this does not affect the finished look or function.

If a piece tears off which seems to be your main concern, and you did not modify it we will warranty it.
Sponsored