Remote Start causing Blind Spot Temp Unavailable errors

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well now that the winter is here I have started using the remote start function but every single time I've used it so far (4 times now), it is causing the solid triangle on the driver's side mirror and the blind spot is temporarily unavailable message on the dash. Now I had this issue over the summer when the dealer had removed the door and bent a pin upon putting the plug back in. I straightened the pin and the error didn't come back, which was months ago. Not sure why the remote start would trigger this error now each time. I can fix it by shutting it off, removing and reinstalling the plug (driver's side), then starting the Jeep normally. Not exactly what I want to do each time when it's cold out!

Any ideas? Not excited about a dealer visit for this random issue!

Perhaps it's the Tazer causing an issue?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Well now that the winter is here I have started using the remote start function but every single time I've used it so far (4 times now), it is causing the solid triangle on the driver's side mirror and the blind spot is temporarily unavailable message on the dash. Now I had this issue over the summer when the dealer had removed the door and bent a pin upon putting the plug back in. I straightened the pin and the error didn't come back, which was months ago. Not sure why the remote start would trigger this error now each time. I can fix it by shutting it off, removing and reinstalling the plug (driver's side), then starting the Jeep normally. Not exactly what I want to do each time when it's cold out!

Any ideas? Not excited about a dealer visit for this random issue!

Perhaps it's the Tazer causing an issue?
Definitely, remove the Tazer and see if the problem goes away. Troubleshoot first, before going to the dealer. If you visit the dealer, be sure to remove the Tazer.

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Definitely, remove the Tazer and see if the problem goes away. Troubleshoot first, before going to the dealer. If you visit the dealer, be sure to remove the Tazer.
Good tip! Not my fav place to reach with all the sharp metal up there but will have to start there I guess haha

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
No luck. Removed the Tazer and issue remains. Guess off to the dealer it will have to go!
Such an odd issue.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No luck. Removed the Tazer and issue remains. Guess off to the dealer it will have to go!
Such an odd issue.
Have the dealer check the door pins on both sides. Remind them that they pulled the connector last time it was in, and it has been flakey since then.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Have the dealer check the door pins on both sides. Remind them that they pulled the connector last time it was in, and it has been flakey since then.
Is it hard to replace pins in that connector?
Maybe save the hassle of a dealer visit which is a week away still.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it hard to replace pins in that connector?
Maybe save the hassle of a dealer visit which is a week away still.
Try removing and re-seating the plugs on both sides. Check for bent pins and that all the wires are properly seated in the connectors.

I don't know if it makes a difference, did you un-marry the Tazer or just unplug it?

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Try removing and re-seating the plugs on both sides. Check for bent pins and that all the wires are properly seated in the connectors.

I don't know if it makes a difference, did you un-marry the Tazer or just unplug it?
Just unplugged it. I’ll have a look at the truck side of the plug tomorrow and check the other pins. If all look ok I will unmarry it and try. Thanks!

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Found out something else interesting today... if I am driving and turn on the rear defrost, the same blind spot error appears. Remote start must turn on the rear defrost so makes sense. Must be the mirror defrost as that comes on with the rear defrost.

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
SO I had this same issue and just looked at it now. I was only having the issue on the passenger side where one of the blind spot lights on the mirror would stay on after using remote start. I unplugged the door and reseated it and the issue is now gone. I was also getting an odd random code about the primary and secondary door sensors that I could clear with the Tazer. Just try unseating and reseating your door harnesses and see if that helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have to reseat them to clear the error. It will be going into the dealer soon to have it looked at. Must be an issue inside the door harness somewhere.

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
I have to reseat them to clear the error. It will be going into the dealer soon to have it looked at. Must be an issue inside the door harness somewhere.
I have not driven it yet since reseating the passenger side harness, I will see if it comes back after it gets jostled a bit. If it does, I agree, I may need to take it in as well.

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine is going into the dealer tomorrow so hopefully they find the source of the issue... will report back then!

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Mine is going into the dealer tomorrow so hopefully they find the source of the issue... will report back then!
dod you ever hear back? Mine started having this issue again only on the passenger side when remote starting. Although, it seems to only happen when using the app or only one of the remotes.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Just wondering if you got an answer on this one...
"blind spot is temporarily unavailable message on the dash"
I mentioned it to the dealer at my last oil change. all i got was something about a error code and they would need to keep it to diagnose. I have checked all connections and pins and rest with JScan.. still comes back.
Sponsored